No announcement yet.

Recently I have been mostly watching...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've just watched 'Harold & Maude' again. I love it.
    SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

• Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
      I've just watched 'Harold & Maude' again. I love it.
      I found the ageing female lead way to irritating to enjoy that film, which was a shame, as i liked the vibe - - great bit where he avoids going to military school by pretending to go crazy at her (as a war protester) by the beach ("you crazy parasite")

Am i thinking of the right film?
      Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

• Originally posted by pencilface View Post
        Am i thinking of the right film?
        Yes.

It's hard to imagine someone of reasonable intellect and fine taste disliking that film.
        http://www.matpringle.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Naga View Post
          It's hard to imagine someone of reasonable intellect and fine taste disliking that film.
          That rules me out, then...
          Endless Tripe

Comment

• Two films, from different countries, and different era, but both great. The first is the Japanese revenge film Confessions. One of the most original and creative pictures I can remember (on at the ICA for Londoners). And the second is These Are The Damned with Oliver Reed. Being something of a cult classic, I imagine lots of board members will have seen it already, but it was new to me. I heard about it after the Observer's Philip French said he was reminded of this movie while watching the recent adaptation of Never Let Me Go. Anyway, it's bloody great. Youth subculture, 60s Britain, sci-fi, cold war paranoia, Shirley Anne Field... it has the lot.

Comment

• Micro Men on BBC 4 - a little knock-about but interesting all the same - nice footage and music from the era too.
              http://www.matpringle.co.uk

Comment

• Book of Eli.

Meh.

Comment

• Anyone else watching 'Boardwalk Empire'? It's a real slow burner. Great spats, too.

Comment

Anyone else watching 'Boardwalk Empire'? It's a real slow burner. Great spats, too.
                    I like it. the gents clothing is great, some proper peacock moves with linings, fabrics and such. waiting hopefully for the women to become more interesting / central though, a la Sopranos/ Mad Men...

Comment

• Originally posted by alanmck View Post
                      I like it. the gents clothing is great, some proper peacock moves with linings, fabrics and such. waiting hopefully for the women to become more interesting / central though, a la Sopranos/ Mad Men...
                      Are you watching 'Treme' as well, Al?

Comment

Are you watching 'Treme' as well, Al?
                        one episode so far, interesting enough but another HBO man's world thing again. additionally, I need to fix the sky box/ dish, the damn thing keeps pixelating and dropping audio on the Atlantic channel for some reason that's so fecking NRR that if I type any more, i will have to ban myself.

Comment

Anyone else watching 'Boardwalk Empire'? It's a real slow burner. Great spats, too.
                          It's a good one. Not 'Sopranos' level, but it is on its way of being as good as 'Mad Men'.

Comment

• Originally posted by alanmck View Post
                            one episode so far, interesting enough but another HBO man's world thing again. additionally, I need to fix the sky box/ dish, the damn thing keeps pixelating and dropping audio on the Atlantic channel for some reason that's so fecking NRR that if I type any more, i will have to ban myself.
                            Haven't started watching it yet, but my wife was and it sounded like it had a pretty cool soundtrack. Careful on the roof, Al, don't forget what happened to Rod Hull.

Comment

• Xtro, a 15p vhs bargain found today.
                              What to say Terrible

Enjoy the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbpHhcPCnyE
                              Last edited by medlar; 02-03-2011, 07:08 PM.
                              some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

• I've been watching that British Italian crime TV series about Zen. Not too good, is it? Good photo and music. Rubbish plots. Silly.
                                "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
                                and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X