Recently I have been mostly watching...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
    With the utmost respect, Rich, you can't expect everyone to keep the details of 37 year old films top secret until they've checked that everyone else has seen them.
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post

Spot on, but imagine if they STILL didn't know that the match had been postponed.

Sorry to spoil that 36 year episode of 'The Likely Lads' for anyone.
      SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

'The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes, Series 1'. Quite brilliant, just out on DVD. What a lot of great actors we used to have.

Comment

I think PREY is my favourite, just 3 people and a house(and a horrible prop).
          I found myself sitting next to none other than Sally Faulkner at a screening of this film. Her acting is pretty rotten in it and she indulges in some full on lesbian tumbling and fumbling at one point too. In my best Englishman fashion I squirmed in my seat all the way through it while trying to look at her own reaction out of the corner of my eye.

I've been watching the latest South Parks and very nearly died laughing at the Butters the Pimp episode. I've also been watching the US version of the Office. Season 2 is a masterpiece of comedy IMO.

Comment

Mad Men, just to look at Christina Hendricks

also the Val Lewton boxset

and Space Ghost (the original)

and, now that I've discovered The Auteurs, some Phillippe Garrel films, because they never screen here
            Last edited by beddoes; 04-11-2009, 01:27 AM.
            http://hidingplaceplace.com/

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
              Last night I drank beer and watched* I Spit On Your Grave.

I wish it had been still banned now. What a heap of shit.

*fast-forwarded, mostly.
              I almost wrote a sitcom about disgruntled waiters called "I Spit In Your Gravy"

but then decided against it.

I've been watching Summer Heights High & Eastbound & Down recently they are both really good.

and what was that film where bruce willis was a ghost all along

Comment

Bakersfield PD - great US sitcom from the early 90s. Basically got canned after one series cos it was a bit too subtle for US audiences, I guess.

There's a great episode where one of the main characters goes on a quest to find his records after a burglary....
                "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Striker View Post
                  and what was that film where bruce willis was a ghost all along
                  Armageddon
                  some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by Great Day
                    I see dead people

The Sixth Sense.
                    I take no responsibility for ruining this film for anyone who didn't see it.... it's all Great Day's fault.

Now what about that one where Kevin Spacey who played that Keyser Sose dude in the Usual Suspects sends Brad Pitt a box containing Gwenog Paltrow's head before getting shot by him??

Comment

What about that one where Mickey Rourke meets Robert de Nero
                      some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by medlar View Post
                        What about that one where Mickey Rourke meets Robert de Nero
                        Spaceballs?

Comment

I watched Last Exit to Brooklyn last night.
                          Is it just me or is it actually really not very good?
                          To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

Originally posted by jakartajive View Post
                            I watched Last Exit to Brooklyn last night.
                            Is it just me or is it actually really not very good?
                            Never seen it, but I always thought it sounded kinda cool, then I recently read the synopsis on the DVD case and thought it sounded like a real downer. And starring Jennifer Jason Leigh's sour face.
                            LOST SOUNDTRACKS Mixtape

HOLDBAR HIP HOP Podcast

BUSYBODY FILMS

Comment

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
                              Never seen it, but I always thought it sounded kinda cool, then I recently read the synopsis on the DVD case and thought it sounded like a real downer. And starring Jennifer Jason Leigh's sour face.
                              I'd save the time myself.

It never develops any of the characters in any kind of way, is unrelenting bleak in a stylised snide kind of way and the characters all feel like ciphers or mythological archetypes of some kind, without the reason for any of this becoming clear.
                              To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

I saw 'Fantastic Mr Fox' today. I don't like Wes Anderson, but I do like Roald Dahl and I was willing to like this, but Wes won out: his dialogue drives me insane, and, voice overs or not, he gets the same talk low and slow performance from all of his actors. Annoying!

Comment

Working...
                                X