• Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
      The taking of Pelham 123
      Serpico
      Two of my all time faves right there.
      "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Originally posted by purple_pill67 View Post
        Loved this, both parts.
        If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
          Could that be the reason Sie failed?
          We were prepared to re-master from a vinyl copy held at L.Soul Towers, but we couldn't get final agreement with the director...

(Ed E Man may appear at some point and re-write history, correctly... and remind me what *really* happened)
          If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post

Any other movie recommendations with tons of great footage of NY (or other major US cities, though I seem to like NY best) in the 70s?
            SEVEN UPS (1973) ... Cool film with one of my fave car chases ever. Hair raising+++

Also DOWNTOWN 81 for a more 80s NY
            Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

• Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
              Loved this, both parts.
              Really? I couldn't stand it.... Seemed like a really long list of antisocial but uninteresting things done in a row by a psychopath. Why would anyone give a shit?
              Being really long and depicting the passing of years by wearing different moustaches does not make A film epic.
              Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

• Annie Hall
                Manhattan
                Hannah and her sisters
                80 blocks from Tiffany's
                Flying cut sleeves
                Thief ?
                Hot rock ?
                LOST SOUNDTRACKS Mixtape

HOLDBAR HIP HOP Podcast

BUSYBODY FILMS

Comment

• Originally posted by pencilface View Post
                  Really? I couldn't stand it.... Seemed like a really long list of antisocial but uninteresting things done in a row by a psychopath. Why would anyone give a shit? Being really long and depicting the passing of years by wearing different moustaches does not make A film epic.
                  I used to work with a lot of French peeps and so I had been well schooled in the whole Public Enemy No.1 cult of personality they had for Mesrine and so I was slobbering to find out more by the time the films were released.

Also, I'm a sucker for a gangster film..!

Comment

• Just in case - went on-line night - The Eccentronic Research Council - 1612 Underture

Fantatic short to accompany with the LP and CD

"It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

• Been transferring a few bits from video to dvd/digital on to youtube of late including some old cine film I found at the car boot.

Last edited by ROCKPROF; 10-09-2012, 03:15 PM.
                      http://soundcloud.com/anthroprophh

Comment

• http://soundcloud.com/anthroprophh

Comment

• And here's some video footage of a local festival from 86.

Comment

• And a classic Potter play unseen for a while.

Comment

• I've been watching Jacques Cousteau. Brilliant stuff, full of astonishing imagery - and interesting to see their 20th century attititudes to nature - catch it, kill it, study it. I've a strong stomach, but I baulked at them killing a puffer fish for shits and giggles and, appallingly, hitching a ride on a turtle as it tries desperately to get away from them. I watched one last night where they were in the middle of a squid breeding ground, and their primary thought seemed to be 'calimari'. It's fascinating stuff though, and eerily beautiful. The crew's trunks are also ridiculously small.

Rod Serling narrates, and his commentary is worth the price of admission alone - he described a shoal of fish escaping a predator as 'bursting like a golden grenade'. I'm going to get myself a red wool hat.
                              SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

• Originally posted by ROCKPROF View Post
                                I like all your films, but I think this is brilliant, especially the ominous drone soundtrack which I first thought was ambient noise. did you play it yourself?
                                SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Working...
                                X