Recently I have been mostly watching...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
    I like all your films, but I think this is brilliant, especially the ominous drone soundtrack which I first thought was ambient noise. did you play it yourself?

Thanks. Yeah its my solo stuff under the name Anthroprophh. Im doing a vinyl lp on rocket and the first 50 will have a free drone cd with this track on it among others.
    http://soundcloud.com/anthroprophh

Comment

• Originally posted by ROCKPROF View Post
      Thanks. Yeah its my solo stuff under the name Anthroprophh. Im doing a vinyl lp on rocket and the first 50 will have a free drone cd with this track on it among others.
      Put me down for one, please.
      SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

• Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
        Put me down for one, please.

Will do.
        http://soundcloud.com/anthroprophh

Comment

• pretty and all and worth it for the frozen ice train bit and a dog farts at a piano recital
          but err, thats it!
          6/10

the soundtrack album is great but this has unlikeable characters, is not violent enough,
          has an awful lot of mumbling, Shia LaBeouf taking the lions share of screentime
          Gary Oldman is in it for all of 5 minutes, pretty poor show then - 5/10

this on the other fist was proper nasty fun, so grim and ultra violent but
          without being too leery it transfers the comic to screen exactly as it should
          and I absolutely loved it!
          8/10
          Last edited by Head Gardener; 21-09-2012, 01:02 PM.
          The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• Is it Anna Karenina on Ice? That poster is the most horrible thing I've seen for ages.
            Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

• On BBC3's 'Be Your Own Boss', InnocentSmoothieMan provided financial backing to two inventors who have created rectal insertion devices for dogs. Sculptured turds are due to be all the rage.
              new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

• I watched 'Prometheus' last night. Much of it seemed to have been based on 'Alien' rip off 'Inseminoid'. I enjoyed it, but in the same way that you might enjoy a kebab or a bit of frottage - as soon as you finish you feel a bit dirty and dissatisfied.
                Last edited by ginghamkitchen; 13-09-2012, 07:45 PM.
                SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

• I saw Prometheus in 3d...worse marketing campaign ever...I was expecting an epic, serious mindbender. How ever I totally loved what it actually was - a b movie space monster flick with amazing design and stupid characters doing stupid things (stop pressing buttons and fiddling with things). I'm probably going to finally buy a BluRay player just for this one.

This week I saw, again in 3D, DREDD. OK the narrative shows up the budget restrictions, but that one minor gripe apart - this is pretty amazing. It's brutal & inventive. It's getting a bashing due to the basic premise being the same as The Raid. It's an unfair comparison. Yes the Raid is next level action stuff and DREDD never matches it on that score - but can you remember any characters from The Raid? Nope. DREDD has many memorable performances. Karl Urban gives a note perfect Clint Eastwood here and that's perfect for this.

Score? OK not as good as DROKK as a piece of work but DROKK would not be right for this flick, The sound design including the score is really punishing and it's a pretty good, if more mainstream, take on the DROKK style.

Worth your Galactic Groats this one!
                  I have a very particular set of skills...

http://www.paybacksoulfunkjazz.com

Comment

• I saw The Raid last week and, to be honest, found it dead boring.
                    Could have been any country, could have been any actors, fag-packet plot, some daft action scenes and any movie whose boss fight is so endless they have to cut another scene into it is doing something wrong.
                    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

• Watched searching for Sugarman last night
                      I though it was a very effective piece of film-making and, as long as you don't know anything about Rodriguez it was pretty good
                      My wife, who grew up in SA, sang along to all the songs and was amazed to see him alive - she had left the country by the time he was 'found'!
                      The best bit by far is the interview with Clarence Avant, Rodriguez's record boss - the only way he could have made himself more of a stereotype crooked record label owner would be if he was smoking a huge cigar and had gold rings on his fingers!
                      "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

• Originally posted by babycart View Post
                        Is it Anna Karenina on Ice? That poster is the most horrible thing I've seen for ages.
                        it is very stagey, the set changes like a theatre curtain going up n down to each scene
                        and that gets a bit annoying after a while but then interest wanders to other things like
                        that great trailer for Skyfall that was on before the film started etc
                        The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• The second series of 'Romanzo Criminale' has just started, the true story of the Banda della Magliana crime gang, it picks up in the early 1980's, and has featured songs such as 'You Really Got Me', 'Total Eclipses Of The Heart' and a beautiful violin piece at the end of the first show. Also some talk of pasta, which sounded appealing to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by kestrel blazer View Post
                            The second series of 'Romanzo Criminale' has just started, the true story of the Banda della Magliana crime gang, it picks up in the early 1980's, and has featured songs such as 'You Really Got Me', 'Total Eclipses Of The Heart' and a beautiful violin piece at the end of the first show. Also some talk of pasta, which sounded appealing to me.
                            I saw the 2005 film and it's a perfect example of cramming far too much plot into a limited space. Spreading it over two series is probably a far better idea.
                            Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by babycart View Post
                              I saw the 2005 film and it's a perfect example of cramming far too much plot into a limited space. Spreading it over two series is probably a far better idea.
                              I have never seen the film, but do wonder how it is possible to tell the story in a couple of hours. During each episode nothing much happens but it beats ye old guns and car chases build up to a final shoot out.

Comment

• Originally posted by kestrel blazer View Post
                                I have never seen the film, but do wonder how it is possible to tell the story in a couple of hours. During each episode nothing much happens but it beats ye old guns and car chases build up to a final shoot out.
                                The film was directed by Michel Placido, who should really have learnt about pacing from his time as the lead actor in La Piovra, which went ten series and was always slow-paced, giving a suffocating sense of suspicion and intrigue.

Talikng about suspicion and intrigue, saw Tinker Tailor the other week and, for the first time in ages, hired it again a couple of days later. What a cracker.
                                Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X