Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're not wrong.

Will be keeping 'em peeled.

And since this thread has re-ignited my interest in spy-pulp, how easy is it to find those Charles Hood & Jason Love potboilers which were always advertised at the back of the 60s Pan Bonds these days? And are they any good?
    Last edited by plushpig; 07-10-2010, 09:04 PM.
    Gosh, golly that was a weird one. Have I got time to go and take some more acid?

Comment

• Just finished 'Psycho Vertical' by British climber Andy Kirkpatrick.Certainly not for the faint heartedAlong with other climbs he writes about his thirteen day solo climb of El Capitan in California.The man is a nut case!!!
      As it says on the cover 'Makes Ray Mears Look Like Paris Hilton'
      The first time I was sick and the second time my hat blew off.

Comment

• To give Adam Diment his due, I found his book to be a cracking little read, most entertaining. He could certainly write. There are various rumours about his current whereabouts which you can find out about by googling around a bit.

Next up for me is this, "Bad Penny Blues" by Cathi Unsworth:

http://www.3ammagazine.com/3am/now-y...athi-unsworth/
        Endless Tripe

Comment

• 'The Shallows' by Nicholas Carr.

All about how excessive internet / computer use physically affects the neurological 'wiring' of the brain excessive internet use physically about how of the brain excessive physically about how of the the neurological internet / computer use rologicalcessive the
          <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

• Originally posted by pitch View Post

"Kiss Darling had nerves of steel, a computerized intelligence, and a body designed provocatively for the pleasure of men...
            She had one weakness. She was a virgin...
            Investigating the sales of ancient Egyptian jewellery involves Kiss Darling and her ex-Flying Squad boss with assassins, bedouins, bellydancers, revolutionaries, ceremonial sacrifices, duels and death in a Pharaoh's tomb hidden beneath the rising waters of the Nile...
            'Goose-pimpling adventures...and at the end of this breathtaking novel, Kiss still retains her original weakness."
            You never get to see Lara in the shower at the end of any of the Tomb Raiders, either.
            Vardy.....¬°¬°¬°PELIGRO!!!

Comment

• Orange Sunshine by Nicholas Schou. Anyone with an interest in a career in spititual enlightenment/international drug smuggling should check it out

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Orange-Sunsh...6545581&sr=1-1

Comment

• that Google Blacklist in full
                The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• Hotel California by Barney Hoskins (highly recommended!) and the first chapters of a work mate's attempt to write sci fi.

Also a second hand copy of "Another Love" by Hungarian writer Erzsebet Galgoczi. Good insight into 50's rural communist Hugary.
                  Everything in Greece is arpa kolla

Comment

• Heather Pringle - The Master Plan

Who in their right mind can't say they are at least a little bit fascinated by the Third Reichs tampering with the occult, ancient myths, weird archaelogical expeditions etc? All those nazis in the Indiana Jones movies were for sure influenced by real events.

This book is laid out as the first major book seriously dealing with the subject, and lots of archives have been searched through in the hunt for never-before known facts. Truly fascinating and scary.
                    "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
                    and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

• Originally posted by lewistown64 View Post
                      Mostly stuff from my paperback collection, The Leather Boys - Eliot George, Black Slang - Clarence Major and The Punk - Gideon Sams, which takes all of half an hour to get through! Then I post them up on:

www.paperbackparade.blogspot.com

Well I have to do something with all the books I have, apart from reading them that is. It's early days on this though, I'm sure that it'll improve in time, once I get into the swing of things.
                      Hey, good blog. Keep 'em coming, I'll be watching. I post a few pulps from time-to-time, as demonstrated here: http://includemeout2.blogspot.com/20...big-blues.html I think your collection would put mine to shame, though...(I'll link you on my site)...

I've just started 'The Stars My Destination' by Alfred Bester having made a NY resolution to read more sci-fi...
                      http://includemeout2.blogspot.com

Comment

• Still waiting for the books from the festive period to arrive... borrowed this in the meantime - Patti Smith - "Just Kids" - covers the start of her career and the time with Robert Mapplethorpe...

Short and to the point - great snap-shot of the period - top notch

Last edited by MPFlapp; 18-01-2011, 12:32 PM. Reason: spelling
                        "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

• im reading Sherlock Holmes, as ive neaver read it before.
                          instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

• Maybe someone else has mentioned it on here but I'm in the middle of Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
                            Its very good indeed - although there are some parts that drag a little
                            A very insightful but sad commentry on where we are in the western world
                            "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

• I just read a great little book called It Has To Be This Way by M Anthony Penwill - or at least he edited it. It was created as an accompaniment to (or as part of) an artwork which I haven't seen but I enjoyed it in itself.
                              The book details an attempt by the artist to piece together the movements of her sister before she went missing using fragments of her sister's boyfriend's diary and a few other bits and bobs. It transpires that the sister was in a motorcycle accident which caused her to lose her memory and, while living with her boyfriend, to try and construct her future using old photographs as tarot cards. The boyfriend himself comes across as a little strange to say the least and the book is filled with ideas relating to Queen Christina of Sweden, alchemy and theosophy and, more generally, memory and photography. It's only about ninety pages long or something (plus photos) but I found it fascinating - it reminded me in a way of House of Leaves if anyone has read that but it didn't outstay its welcome in the way that (arguably) that did.
                              Shame I've not seen the actual art but in a way that seems to fit quite nicely with the fragmentary nature of the reconstruction in the book.

Comment

• been a while, re-reading it for visceral thrills, leaving me feeling a tad queasy.
                                Last edited by alanmck; 18-01-2011, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X