No announcement yet.

Of late I have mostly been reading...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found volume 1 of Death Note in a chazzer for £1. This one place seems to get manga in quite a lot and I always pick em up.
    This series has to be the best I've ever read. The plot is a real head-spinner ... like an enormous logic puzzle.
    You never quite know where it's going and things you took for granted change 'round 180 degrees v quickly. The plot twists are mind-boggling, the rug is contstantly pulled from under you.
    I'm addicted and ordered the rest ... now up to vol. 5 and the whole thing is quite gripping. Worth a go if you like weird, slightly gothic horror with a really tripped-out plot.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	539.4 KB ID:	1047546

I just started watching the Netflix film adaptation, but it's a real load of old bollocks. They simplified the plot to moron level and set the film in the US.
    I wouldn't bother with it.
    Last edited by bradx; 11-11-2018, 09:50 AM. Reason: added Netflix comment
    galaxy of fallon to telepath 1

Comment

• I'm towards the end of reading Playing the Bass with Three Left Hands by Will Carruthers:
      https://www.faber.co.uk/shop/non-fic...eft-hands.html
      ​​​​​​​

Click image for larger version

Name:	carruthers.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	1048046

If you are or were ever a Spacemen 3 or Spiritualized fan, this is pretty good, and pretty well written.

I saw Spacemen 3 once and have absolutely no recollection of it.

I must have had a good time.

Anyway, an entertaining read.
      "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

• I read the Andolu Psych book. Interesting but TBH the style was a bit turgid. Lots of abstract descriptions of the characteristics of individual tracks and ever changing line ups. Still worth a read if you are interested.
        Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Working...
        X