NRR: Autographs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRR: Autographs

I've been meaning to post this for the sake of conversation and a couple other posts lately have jogged my memory about it. I was curious if anybody here collects autographs of 50s-80s actors/actresses and/or musicians? Aside from records, I've collected them for about half my life.

Anyone have any they want to share? I can post some if there is any interest, just didn't want to bore you guys if it's only me who is into collecting them!
    See, you don't get those haircuts on your mp3s.

I used to but got rid of most of them, still find some from time to time scattered around the house, mainly 50's rock'n'roll/rockabilly artists.

Comment

I'm wary of record covers which are described as being autographed - I think of them as having writing on them

Having said that, in amongst a bunch of LPs I bought was a copy of 'Uptight' by Booker T And The MGs with the tracklisting on the back being annotated with comments . Alongside 'Time Is Tight' he has written - 'one of the best things I've done - Booker T'. Makes me think it's not really him
      Back to Neuuuuuuuuuu!

Comment

I'm not keen on getting things signed... Turned down having some stuff signed () and too shy () to get some other stuff signed...

I have two items I'm over the moon with - the one below is Kenneth Anger signiture on the picture disk OST

The second one is the from a couple of years back - the three surviving members of The Monks who played live signed my copy of Eddie Shaw's band autobiography "Black Monk Time"

I have a few other items signed, but through getting them signed... more to do with how they were released.... pre signed...
        "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

I have quite a few bits of autographed stuff, the nicest of which are
          this promo pic & a Faust tour poster both framed & hanging in my cave.
          Cat Power signed my copy of Moon Pix & gave me her address in NY
          which was nice

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Nice Talking Heads signed pic HG...

My Monks book - Dave Day - the best Bango player ever

Comment

Collected the odd thing here and there... Sean Bonniwell signed some Music Machine stuff I mailed over to him, Sky Saxon signed a repro Seeds poster, had Arthur Lee sign a vinyl copy of 'Da Capo', few Animals signed pic sleeves, picked up a fully signed 1967 Who press picture from a former Track employee, also have a fully signed CAN 'Tago Mago' original paper press picture, and a Wally Tax/Ron Splinter Outsiders (dutch beat group of course) signed poster...

Comment

Originally posted by enrico chiesa View Post
                Collected the odd thing here and there... Sean Bonniwell signed some Music Machine stuff I mailed over to him, Sky Saxon signed a repro Seeds poster, had Arthur Lee sign a vinyl copy of 'Da Capo', few Animals signed pic sleeves, picked up a fully signed 1967 Who press picture from a former Track employee, also have a fully signed CAN 'Tago Mago' original paper press picture, and a Wally Tax/Ron Splinter Outsiders (dutch beat group of course) signed poster...
                Yes, but have you got anything decent?

Pretty far out collection of 'odd things' you've got there, mate!
                SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

^ No kidding! I wish I had those! Nice man. I've thought of writing to Sean Bonniwell before, just haven't come up with something to send him to sign yet. Anyway, thanks for everyones contributions. I have a lot of autographs so it was hard to lower it down, but here's some of my favorites-

Barbara Bouchet - Brigitte - Caroline

Claudia Cardinale - David McCallum - Elsa Martinelli

Dolly Read Martin/Cynthia Myers - David Patrick Kelly

Florinda - John Phillip Law - Melanie Mayron

George Hilton - Jean Simmons

Michael McKeon/David St. Hubbins - Raquel - Sarah Miles

Sophia - Sybil - Valerie

Micky Dolenz - Suzy Kendall

Claire Bloom - Senta Berger - Herbie
                  See, you don't get those haircuts on your mp3s.

Comment

[QUOTE=spirito santo;384047] I have a lot of autographs so it was hard to lower it down, but here's some of my favorites-

Nice!
                    https://www.facebook.com/AudioGrailGarrard301

Comment

Originally posted by spirito santo View Post

John Phillip Law - - nice picture to from ye old Danger... nice..!

Comment

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
                        Yes, but have you got anything decent?

Pretty far out collection of 'odd things' you've got there, mate!
                        Bonniwell is a lovely bloke, still active with a website etc. he obviously became a very religious guy after the 60s experience and I ended up buying his book which is absolutely huge... as a thank you he agreed to sign my MM stuff so I mailed him a few sleeves and he scribbled/sent them back...

The Outsiders are huge faves of mine so I managed to track down Ron Splinter online and get his email address, he began sending me transcriptions/guitar chord sequences for some Outsiders tunes then next thing I know a package arrived, he'd had Wally sign a poster and threw in a few signed CD booklets and stuff, great guy...

The Sky Saxon/Arthur Lee were in person after gigs and the Animals stuff were obtained over a few years at gigs and stuff too as both me and my dad love them...

Picked up the Who and Can things off a former A&R head of Universal who I've since met via record collecting etc. he had some amazing stuff with provenance that he'd kept but had no further use for... cost me a few quid but nice historical pieces... I'll try upload some pics later

Comment

the late, great, Frank Sidebottom R.I.P.
                          The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

I have couple, mostly by Finnish celebrities… This is my absolute favorite:

Paroni Paakkunainen wrote to my Sauna-Soul 45 "Elämä ilman SOULIA on sielutonta!" it’s something like “Life without SOUL is soulless!” in English.
                            retro-pop-art-confusion

Comment

I won this signed & framed poster of Crowded House on Radio 1 quite some time ago and it's sat in my shed since...

this is a hugely disappointing scribble by Lou Reed, I dunno what I expected
                              but like Englands performance tonight, I kinda hoped for more!
                              The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X