Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRR - What can I use to make my voice sound like a mysteron

Other than one of these...

Ideally I'd like something I could use live but at pinch recording it would be ok.

Cheers in hope
    Please do not throw stones at this sign

If you were after a Dalek, no problem. These voice modulator helmets are half-price in the Dr. Who shop down my road.

Dr. Who shop I hear you say? Yes, a dedicated Dr. who shop in Sheffield.

They've got a few overpriced Mankind records too. As well as an exhibition of costumes
    including Dalek, Davros, K9 and Cyberman

But no Mysterons. Sorry I can't be of help. What do Mysterons look like, even?
    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post

...But no Mysterons. Sorry I can't be of help. What do Mysterons look like, even?
      Just twin circles of light really - well to us earthmen anyway. Thing is I'll be dressed as their formerly human agent Captain Black but would just like to get the voice right.

Don't suppose they've got a Captain Scarlet shop in Sheffield? Now that would be worth a visit.

Comment

These?...

Hehe...the Mysterons, eh?....always bleating on about how they were going to 'destroy the city of London' by putting lots of weird ring style patterns all over the walls....like that could ever happen...
        you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

Daresay someone in Fanderson could tell you exactly, at a guess they probably slowed down a reel to reel of the vocal track and maybe added some modulation.

A digital multi effects unit with a pitch shifter and modulation should give a reasonable facsimile, though there may well be an app for phones that does it these days.

Comment

Don't think I'll have access to a digital effects unit - or a clue what to do with it. Just two turntables, a mic and hopefully my mates clapped out laptop. I suspect the Gitanes are looking like my best option, although if I knew how to do it with say, Audacity, I could record a few ready made soundclips and mime. With a french cigarette in the corner of my mouth as back up.

I guess really I was hoping someone would say "just speak into a Bovril jar filled three quarters up with Chivers lime jelly" or something along those lines.

Apologies for the product placement just there
            Last edited by mistergodzilla; 25-07-2012, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Ok, some voice altering apps.

Comment

Cheers!

Will have a go and report back tomorrow. First, though to find my hat and get in character.

Comment

Originally posted by mistergodzilla View Post
                  find my hat and get in character.
                  No hat necessary. Just a serious 5 o'clock shadow...

Comment

Sheffield is such a good place
                    MUSHRUMPS Daily party-prog MP3 blog

Comment

Working...
                    X