Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by babycart View Post
    Avoid wild melons.
    Are courgette flowers battered and fried in Spain as in Italy? Last year I had a few courgette plants and a pumpkin plant growing in the garden. My wife picked both sets of flowers and went ahead with the battering and frying process. Avoid pumpkin flowers as a substitute for courgette flowers, bitter as anything!
    some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by medlar View Post
      Are courgette flowers battered and fried in Spain as in Italy? !
      Nope, but I've done it myself.
      Have you ever tried a medlar, Medlar?
      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Nope, but I've done it myself.
        Have you ever tried a medlar, Medlar?
        Yes, and I like them too
        some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
          Why can't I edit this?
          It's a browser thing and we can't get to the bottom of it at the mo... sorry...
          If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Like that stuff my mum put on my nails to stop me biting them, only worse.
            That'll be Bitrex - the most bitter substance known to man. I have made it, in my time...

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

What fruit are you eating?
              Tomatoes. With almost every meal at the moment. Can't get enough of them.

So many varieties around to try at the mo, but at the end of the day the ones out of Grandad's shed really take some beating.

Comment

Folk will be insisting that aubergines are fruit next

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
                  That'll be Bitrex - the most bitter substance known to man. I have made it, in my time...
                  ]
                  I can get more of those wild melons if you want to make it even more bitterer.

I bet there's all sorts of hi jinks when one of the lads at the Bitrex lab orders a pint of bitter or a bitter lemon after work, eh?
                  Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

During my time in Jakarta, and reflecting its obsession with all things American, the city was promoting itself as The Big Durian.
                    It seemed the perfect metaphor!

Durian are highly populist and very Indonesian. They are many things to many people, both loved and loathed with equal passion. Hotels and airlines refuse to stock them because of what is delicately termed the unusual odour created by opening them. Durian are space fruit! To Western eyes reared on the smooth, petite symmetry of oranges and apples, their jagged, spiky hedgehog exterior resembles a Star Trek prop or some kind of Martian missile. They are most distinctly alien. Large and lush green, with a tough, spiky shell. Inside are pockets of creamy white fruit, the juice from which can permanently stain almost any fabric. To some, the stench they emanate is equalled only by the city's open sewer network. To others, it is merely a vague unpleasantness more than compensated for the joy of the flesh. To me, they are like eating the world's best custard ....... in the world's worst toilet [email protected]#@!

One night, I watched an over-weight, middle-aged white man bargain and hassle a price with a beautiful Javanese prostitute. A typical Jakartan night scene. The mercantile leanings spill over into darkness, although now the market is for flesh. He was wearing a slate-grey shirt, which bulged at the buttons and showed sweat around the arm-pits. She was stunning in a tooth-white, stretched tight T-shirt, bearing the legend "Take A Bite Of The Big Durian" on the back, whilst a fruit adorned each breast on the front. Everything suddenly made a whole lot of sense. Such soursweet contrast and tension is the deep and hidden heart of the city. Raw and common and highly ambiguous. Strange and shocking and a barbed invitation to something else altogether.
                    To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

Originally posted by medlar View Post
                      Are courgette flowers battered and fried in Spain as in Italy? Last year I had a few courgette plants and a pumpkin plant growing in the garden. My wife picked both sets of flowers and went ahead with the battering and frying process. Avoid pumpkin flowers as a substitute for courgette flowers, bitter as anything!
                      You can get 'em in parts of Mexico for sure, they're filled with a mixture of either mild soft goats cheese, or in Italy Ricotta, garlic, nuts and egg then they dip them in a batter made from flour and soda water, deep fry for a few minutes and then drizzle with wild honey! Not sure about Spain, although I though they were available as part of a Tapas in some places.
                      Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....

Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

Comment

Originally posted by jakartajive View Post
                        During my time in Jakarta, and reflecting its obsession with all things American, the city was promoting itself as The Big Durian.
                        It seemed the perfect metaphor!

Durian are highly populist and very Indonesian. They are many things to many people, both loved and loathed with equal passion. Hotels and airlines refuse to stock them because of what is delicately termed the unusual odour created by opening them. Durian are space fruit! To Western eyes reared on the smooth, petite symmetry of oranges and apples, their jagged, spiky hedgehog exterior resembles a Star Trek prop or some kind of Martian missile. They are most distinctly alien. Large and lush green, with a tough, spiky shell. Inside are pockets of creamy white fruit, the juice from which can permanently stain almost any fabric. To some, the stench they emanate is equalled only by the city's open sewer network. To others, it is merely a vague unpleasantness more than compensated for the joy of the flesh. To me, they are like eating the world's best custard ....... in the world's worst toilet [email protected]#@!

One night, I watched an over-weight, middle-aged white man bargain and hassle a price with a beautiful Javanese prostitute. A typical Jakartan night scene. The mercantile leanings spill over into darkness, although now the market is for flesh. He was wearing a slate-grey shirt, which bulged at the buttons and showed sweat around the arm-pits. She was stunning in a tooth-white, stretched tight T-shirt, bearing the legend "Take A Bite Of The Big Durian" on the back, whilst a fruit adorned each breast on the front. Everything suddenly made a whole lot of sense. Such soursweet contrast and tension is the deep and hidden heart of the city. Raw and common and highly ambiguous. Strange and shocking and a barbed invitation to something else altogether.
                        Just brilliant. I'm off home now with that post having made my day.
                        Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by relkeel View Post
                          Jazz apples.
                          Word

Comment

Has anyone had a Honeycrisp yet? I don't think you can get them in the UK (??) but I've heard they are unbelievable, better than Pink Ladys.
                            Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

I have not been buying or eating much fruit lately, but today on my way home from work I popped into the local grocery and while quickly scanning the fruit racks I found mango for just 50p each!
                              Chuffed, made my day.

Sorry no pics.
                              http://soundcloud.com/teaspoonsweden
                              http://www.mixcloud.com/SebastianFSorrow/
                              http://soundcloud.com/seb-f-sorrow

Comment

Working...
                              X