Best scavenger shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best scavenger shows

We are currently addicted to two programmes that screen endlessly on Discovery Max on Sundays here

Auction Hunters - A good looking dude and a death row dude buy storage unit contents belonging to victims of capitalism and ALWAYS make about 1000% profit.

Dirty Money: Noo Yawk flea market antics. They ALWAYS make about 1000% profit, too.

Why isn't there record digging programme like these?
    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

This episode is as close as you'll be able to get I reckon..

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/p...8G7NDF9USS4KSG
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Where contestants buy antiques at a n antique fair and then sell them at an antique auction and some time make up to 50 smakers. (£50.00)

This has to be one of the worst programmes on TV..... but. I kinda got addicted to it when i was off work for a while and now i quite enjoy it with my lunch (if i have a day off). Most of the time they all loose there money but every now and then they will actually make a profit, its more fun when they loose.
      Now celebrating over 1000 posts of nonsense.....
      www.facebook.com/mindtrekers
      www.soundcloud.com/mr-munch

Comment

Last night's new episode of American Pickers saw the leeches hawking the old WROX studios but not many records to been seen.

You see a fair amount of records on Canadian Pickers as the creepy smiley Stetson-wearing one is a record fiend (especially psych/westcoast), although he regularly states Ugly Duckling records are too common to bother with despite the cool covers

I cannot stand the Brit equivalent, the main man (Drew) comes across as a snidey little bastard. He has a fetish for totally fucked armchairs and spends most of his time ripping off the gentrified who have fallen on hard times (so not all bad).

That Dirty Money one looks great - off to prog the Sky+ right now
        new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

It's unbelieveable the amount of similar dreck those channels like Xplora/sexta2, Discovery max and Energy have been putting out. Staying at home with a newborn baby means I'm now addicted to it all!

The pickers one is probably the worst, what a pair of slimeballs. Then there's the aforementioned Auction hunters, Storage wars (Brandi is nice though ), Las Vegas Pawn...makes you wonder what the object of that show is, as nobody ever takes a loss. I'm sure there'd be many viewers delighted to see those vultures get their come-uppance once in a while, don't know why they filter it so much.

I saw one epidoe of Dirty money where they found a box of Lps at the side of the road and ...did the bloody awful unimaginative cliché of melting them into bowls I glimpsed a Police Lp there, but they blurred out the names for some reason. As usual, they have a breakdown of materials costs, always leading to 1000% profit amounts, but it is misleading as they skate over the fact that they've had to put literally days of work into some things (one stupid -looking bike comes to mind) and run around the city looking for elusive bits.

later on there's Lizard lick towing (Hick evangelical christians not averse to a bit of argy bargy), All worked up ( I reckon that NYC Byran fell deserves his own radio show with that marvellous voice) and Repo men. Great revealing social statements about US society and its legal loansharks, every one of 'em. At least here, they simetimes get a twatting.

Byran classic clip:

Lizard lick tractor farce:
          "THIS IS A FINE TAPE AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR WHEN THE MUSIC WORLD WAS GOOD AND NOT FOULED UP BY THE LONG HAIR SCURVES WHO JUST BEAT WILDLY ON ANYTHING AND COME UP WITH A LOT OF STUPID NOISE THat only damnfools and liars say they like it"

Comment

Blimey, looks like I've only scratched the surface of a rich seam of American TV featuring boisterous jackals feasting on the sad carcass of society.

The CSC really needs to be televised, with Brass Monkey introducing in a dickie bow and Mr Muench doing impromptu musical intelrudes
            Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Working...
            X