watchmatology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• watchmatology

i love me some fine watchery dont you? i got some nice watches, i love 'em.
    anywatches has anyone ever owned one of them seiko frequency drum machine watches and are they wick or what?
    watches
    wack up some pics of your timepiece as this would please me.
    MODZ
    Hero No.9
    Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
    THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

I cannot compete with your fine collections. I have a magic wrist wart that magically destroys watches. Had about ten since I was twenty and they all stopped working within a few months, even the classy one my Dad gave me for my 21st which was replaced by the manufacturer three times. So I now live in a time of my own.
    Last edited by emperor tomato ketchup; 12-09-2012, 11:58 AM.
    Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

I had a Seiko divers watch that told the time at 200 metres, although I only ever really needed it at 5.
      Now that I've given up watches for mobile phones I haven't a clue what time it is underwater and am frequently late for appointments with fish.
      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I love watches...... and currently functioning are the following:

My grandfather's watch he wore while navigating Lancaster bombers in WW2. This pic is not quite the same as mine, but almost:

My 1972 Damas:

And my everyday watch:

"Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

I'm saving up for one of these - if I just stopped buying records it might end up around my wrist sooner rather than later

Silliest watch I saw at Tokyo Airport - and was so bored and jetlagged I nearly bought - was this one:

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

I have a similar problem to ETK, but I've been thinking of investing in a time piece and seeing if the curse has lifted in late middle age. Any recommendations? What's a cool watch for a jazz loving man of 'distinguished' aspect?
            Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

There in only one, A Borel Cocktail watch. I own about eight of them. It also has a see-through back.

Last edited by Stoneface; 13-09-2012, 10:24 PM.
              "Will our children be sacraficial lambs offered up to ease the fears of the multinational corporations like so many brainwashed media zombies? Petroleum and it's byproducts should not be a dependancy in a technology based society. Nothing lasts for ever and we cannot ask God for our gasoline!" - from Flowers and Birds by Rise Robots Rise

Comment

I beg to differ - I'd go for the 'Jazz' watch:

http://www.watchconcepts.com/wc/oris...2_40_84_ls.htm

As endorsed, as limited edition, by John McLaughlin - only 900 made.

Comment

Originally posted by pitch View Post
                  I beg to differ - I'd go for the 'Jazz' watch:

http://www.watchconcepts.com/wc/oris...2_40_84_ls.htm

As endorsed, as limited edition, by John McLaughlin - only 900 made.
                  Does it go incredibly fast?
                  Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

Comment

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d7bohs View Post
                        Does it go incredibly fast?

Not sure but it's very spiritual.

Actually an unexpected fan, Zappa said - "I think anybody who can play that fast is just wonderful."

Comment

Thrash metal watchmaking
                          MUSHRUMPS Daily party-prog MP3 blog

Comment

I got into a conversation with the owner of Haggle once and he told me he wanted to stop selling records as he hated them and instead get into selling watches. He then brought out a selection of very nice 1920s watches which, although not working, we admired for about 15 minutes. I must admit I was slightly hoping he'd drop the exorbitant price of the record I wanted to buy but unfortunatley no amount of watch-flattery worked!
                            "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

I've got a really nice memosail that you might like. Quite a rare little thing, yachting watch from the 70s but cool. Mine needs an overhaul, I bought it knowing it needed work but I have a man who can....

can't upload images but here's a link

My wife bought the dieter rams digital reissue for our anniversary - it's real purdy

I've also got a bit of a thing for swatch watches and think I have about 12 dating back to the very first black and white jobbies and the once ubiquitous see through fella.

Next year I shall have a Panerai, i shall, i shall, i shall.
                              I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

Comment

Working...
                              X