Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended West End boozers

Hello All

I'm attending a stag do in central London at the weekend and wondered if any of the London based Plussers could recommend any good boozers/clubs/bars/restaurants in the West End suitable for a dozen-ish well behaved middle aged gentlemen.

If it helps we'll be around the Soho, Holborn area.

So far I've thought of...

Soho pubs:
    Blue Posts - Berwick St
    Coach & Horses - Greek St
    Star and Garter - Poland St.
    Shaston Arms - Ganton St.
    The Coffee House - Beak Street
    Dog & Duck - Corner of Frith St and Bateman St
    The Carlisle Arms, Bateman St
    New Evaristo/Trishas - Greek St (although I doubt we'll squeeze in there unless its early doors)

I haven't been out properly in London for ages, so I dunno if the above are any good anymore or even if they are still open!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Ooh, there's a sort of restored 'gin palace' somewhere near Holborn that'd be well worth a visit- the name escapes me at present, I'll have a quick look when I'm back in the office later...

Comment

The place I was thinking of is called The Princess Louise

Comment

Originally posted by blacksheepboy View Post
        The place I was thinking of is called The Princess Louise
        Cheers! Didn't know that. The Cittie of Yorke is further up High Holborn, so that's two pubs of a potential crawl sorted.
        it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
        take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Working...
        X