No announcement yet.
Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal [email protected]?

Apologies if this is posted before but I tried to log in to paypal yesterday afternoon and instead of my page I got (and still get) the following message ::

Security Measures

We are currently performing regular maintenance of our security measures. Your account has been randomly selected for this maintenance, and you will now be taken through a series of identity verification pages.

Protecting the security of your PayPal account is our primary concern, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I just logged out and reported to Paypal this message but I still haven't heard back from them. So I'm wondering if anyone here has got this message or knows anything about this. My only assumption is that it's a [email protected] (?).
    Everything in Greece is arpa kolla

Were you logging in from your favourites menu? If so, try typing in the address manually and see if you still get the same message. I had a similar thing a couple of years ago and because my account had been previously hacked I was super sceptical, but it turned out to be genuine
    North of the River Cole

Comment

Originally posted by RedX View Post
      Were you logging in from your favourites menu? If so, try typing in the address manually and see if you still get the same message. I had a similar thing a couple of years ago and because my account had been previously hacked I was super sceptical, but it turned out to be genuine
      Hello,

Yes I always type any money related addresses to avoid being transferred to fake sites. The thing is that I keep typing it manually this time and I still get the same message and my account remains blocked (as I refuse to provide the requested info). It might be an authentic message but I'm way too cautious and I avoid giving any bank/ credit card info online.

I will be waiting to see if I get a reply from Paypal (fat chance?) and maybe close the account (if I can).

Comment

Ring them up and they will sort it. Had problems a few weeks ago. It didn't take long 5 mins max. The guy was super helpful too and sorted it real quick

Oh and ring from work if you can it's free then !!!
        - - - -

Maybe its downbeat with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals but it is an excellent example of a downbeat mix with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals

A heathen, conceivably, but not, I hope, an unenlightened one

http://www.mixcloud.com/paulhillery/

Comment

Originally posted by pH View Post
          Ring them up and they will sort it. Had problems a few weeks ago. It didn't take long 5 mins max. The guy was super helpful too and sorted it real quick

I run truster rapport in my pc . It's written by the banks and protects against this stuff and key logging etc. I got mine from natwest website.

Sorry if this thread is repeated it just lost my last post
          Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

Originally posted by pH View Post

I forgot to revert with the outcome... Actually this worked like a charm. I must admit I emailed them a couple of times but got no replies at all (which is not very professional..) but when I called them the problem was solved in 5 minutes. The person I spoke with was very helpful as well.

Comment

So not a scam I presume?
              The Downstairs Lounge
              http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
              http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

Originally posted by Agnes_Guano View Post
                So not a scam I presume?
                Apparently no, just paypal being overprotective as far as I understand.

Comment

Working...
                X