Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best place to sell....?( 1960s Martin Sharp poster)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best place to sell....?( 1960s Martin Sharp poster)

I have an original 1960s poster, by famed psych artist Martin Sharp. It's been professionally framed. Picked it up a while ago but it doesn't fit in with the look of my flat and I keep tripping over it so it has to go.

Can't really ebay it as it's on reflective paper and under glass, so it doesn't photograph well.

It's almost exactly this:

http://collections.vam.ac.uk/item/O1...-sharp-martin/

But the one depicted appears to be a later reprint, mine is original.

Any ideas about dealers, etc who might take it?

Thanks

P.
    Last edited by son of stan; 13-12-2012, 12:39 AM.
    Endless Tripe

Not surprised you want to get rid of it, it's hideous

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post

One for The Cream fans maybe ?

-
      You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever,
      but you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
        Kind of agree but actually looks pretty good when you see it. Not my thing. There were lots of things ugly and gauche about the psychedelic era. The records, for one thing. Of their time, but they do sell to people....

Thanks a lot for your input tho, Waldemar flipping Januszczak.

Same artist as the Cream Cover. He was the art director for IT or summat...

Thanks

P
        Last edited by son of stan; 13-12-2012, 08:08 AM.
        Endless Tripe

Comment

"Picked it up a while ago but it doesn't fit in with the look of my flat"
          I have to say that my first thoughts were "what kind of flat would it fit with?".

Comment

I'd put it on eBay with just a one inch square of the poster scanned and displayed, with the words "Son of Stan, posters, frames, all a dat" photoshopped repeatedly over the photo. Sales pitch:

HERE IS A KILLER 60S PSYCH GRAIL POSTER I HAVE BEEN KEEPING UNDER MY HAT COMIN AT YOU ON A HEAVY SISTINE CHAPEL PAINTED BY FUNGUS THE BOGEYMAN TIP. DEFINITELY ONE FOR THE CURATORS. EASE BACK, NOD YOUR HEAD AND STROKE YOUR BEARD TO THIS GEMM!
            Vardy.....¬°¬°¬°PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Well I like it!
              Which country are you in now Stan - weren't you following your avatar to a life in New York?
              If you are in London then I can recommend some auction houses if you fancy that route or some galleries that handle posters and they woudl buy it off you (but probably not sell if for you)
              If you are in the States then I'm not much help!
              "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                I'd put it on eBay with just a one inch square of the poster scanned and displayed, with the words "Son of Stan, posters, frames, all a dat" photoshopped repeatedly over the photo. Sales pitch:

HERE IS A KILLER 60S PSYCH GRAIL POSTER I HAVE BEEN KEEPING UNDER MY HAT COMIN AT YOU ON A HEAVY SISTINE CHAPEL PAINTED BY FUNGUS THE BOGEYMAN TIP. DEFINITELY ONE FOR THE CURATORS. EASE BACK, NOD YOUR HEAD AND STROKE YOUR BEARD TO THIS GEMM!
                hahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Filthy Rich View Post
                  I have to say that my first thoughts were "what kind of flat would it fit with?".

Syd Barrett's?

Pretty mad poster - I have a repro of a (I presume it was a Sharp - maybe it was a Hapshash?) Tomorrow promo poster for their 'My White Bicycle' 45 which is beautiful - all silvers/white/black... really should get it framed...

Comment

S.O.S I have a few people through my shop who collect this sorta of stuff, could ask around for you. I tried to PM you but wasn't allowed, perhaps I'm on your ignore list ?! PM me.
                    -
                    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever,
                    but you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                      I'd put it on eBay with just a one inch square of the poster scanned and displayed, with the words "Son of Stan, posters, frames, all a dat" photoshopped repeatedly over the photo. Sales pitch:HERE IS A KILLER 60S PSYCH GRAIL POSTER I HAVE BEEN KEEPING UNDER MY HAT COMIN AT YOU ON A HEAVY SISTINE CHAPEL PAINTED BY FUNGUS THE BOGEYMAN TIP. DEFINITELY ONE FOR THE CURATORS. EASE BACK, NOD YOUR HEAD AND STROKE YOUR BEARD TO THIS GEMM!

Comment

Working...
                      X