No announcement yet.

CL match tonight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Despite the death of British football, I still prefer the forthright, direct style of Fergie's touchline tantrums to the more cultured approach of continental managers. Mourinho's strops are too studied, and Wenger gesticulates comically like one of Napoleon's generals as Waterloo starts to go pear-shaped.

Fergie just goes all red, steam comes out of his ears and he starts running and jumping about like a furious five year old. It's brilliant.
    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by enrico chiesa View Post
      Still, not as ridiculous as Keane turning all holier than thou in the post match chatter... didn't he say when he was a player he would have a reflection period on whether the ref was right to send him off? I only ever remember him going ape in the ref's face and/or trying to lash out as he was never in the wrong...
      Keane is a total twat alright, but he's the only thing that makes ITV's woeful footy coverage worthwhile. His simmering anger has been kept in check so far but you can tell he's an inch away from giving Adrian Chiles a proper pasting!! The England match that was called off a couple of months ago cos of the torrential rain was hilarious as the dismal attempts of the dullard Chiles to create conversation fell on stony ground with our Roy who seemed bewildered as to how he'd ended up in a studio with the human Toby Jug, Gareth Southgate - a nice but very dull man with no opinions of his own and the affable Lee Dixon, who only ended up at ITV because the BBC are too fond of Alan Shearer. One day it's gonna kick off big-style!!
      "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

Comment

I'd go along with this. Andy Townsend's commentary was histerical. I kept wondering when he was going to apologise for calling the Madrid keeper poor within the first 10 minutes. At least Keane won stuff. Andy Townsend had a splendidly average career and I struggle to recall him playing in a match with the intensity, profile and skill levels of Tuesday's game. There is a simmering tension with Keane's analysis and I am always expecting him to lean over and smash Southgate at any given point.

Southgate looks like a grouper.

I'd like to defend Arbeloa also, I don't think he made any more a meal of it than any United player would under the same circumstances. Also he's ex Liverpool and I thought he made a magnificent contribution to United getting knocked out.

I am not impartial, were united to play Robert Mugabe's select 11 I'd be supporting the Zimbabweans.
        I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

Comment

I reckon Spain got the best of the footballers-turned-pundits when Michael Robinson went over to Osasuna with Sammy Lee. Robinson's great and hugely popular - I listen to him all the time. Steve McManaman isn't too bad, either.
          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slim Jim View Post
            Keane is a total twat alright, but he's the only thing that makes ITV's woeful footy coverage worthwhile. His simmering anger has been kept in check so far but you can tell he's an inch away from giving Adrian Chiles a proper pasting!! The England match that was called off a couple of months ago cos of the torrential rain was hilarious as the dismal attempts of the dullard Chiles to create conversation fell on stony ground with our Roy who seemed bewildered as to how he'd ended up in a studio with the human Toby Jug, Gareth Southgate - a nice but very dull man with no opinions of his own and the affable Lee Dixon, who only ended up at ITV because the BBC are too fond of Alan Shearer. One day it's gonna kick off big-style!!

Did he not snap at Chiles a few month back...? I'm sure Chiles was sarcastically commenting on a nasty tackle and turned to Keane and said ''...haha, you'd have been proud of that one eh Roy?''... Keane instantly barked back ''...I did play the game - and I could play a bit too you know?!?!'' or something along those lines...

Fairly sure there's a great clip of Shearer (?) interrupting Lee Dixon mid-flow during an analysis and Dixon either rolls his eyes or mouths ''Come on?!'' as he's so exasperated at Shearer butting in throughout the show... might be on Youtube... it's fab...

I'm not that sure where I stand on the theory that the likes of the Guardian podcast footy experts or blog writers make better pundits/analysers than the ex-Pro's we currently have... People like James Richardson (not huge on technical knowledge but witty/engaging) and Sid Lowe (again, serious when he needs to be, insightful and good for a laugh) would be great I think... but I can't stand certain others including Marcotti and I realise whilst Pat Nevin breaks a game down well he's as boring as watching paint dry (great obscure indie DJ though!!)...

Shearer/Hansen/Lawro is a tired format - and I'm glad the likes of Andy Gray/Keys/Colin Murray are off the telly as they were annoying...

Comment

Boot Shearer off the BBC into ITV's coverage with Keane and watch the sparks fly

Southgate reminds me of that bloke in the fastshow sketch down the pub, Dave I think his name was.
              some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Working...
              X