Tales from the flipside - graphic fanzine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales from the flipside - graphic fanzine

This is a bit strange really, as I don't really know what I'm asking for...

Recently a good friend showed me this really good comic / graphic fanzine called Tales from the Flipside, which I think would appeal to VG+ members and their associates.

It's put together by a friend of her brother in Holland (She's Dutch) and is very much a labour of love, only coming out whenever he's ready to unleash it. I think there's a limited run but he can always do more if needed.

What was requested of me and dear board members I request of you is places which might stock it... in the UK probably but any leads would be welcomed I guess.

I fully acknowledge this isn't my area of expertise, and at very least making a few of you aware of it's existence is probably a good thing.

So if anybody has any suggestions, hints, tips, advice or contacts please do get in touch...

***Thanks to whoever helped rotate the pictures for me!***
    Last edited by someblokecalledfuz; 28-10-2013, 11:40 AM.
    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

I could help with distribution in Berlin if that helps. This looks pretty awesome.
    All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Rough Trade carry a decent selection of that sort of thing. Try Rough Trade East.
      "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

Originally posted by Cacapo View Post
        I could help with distribution in Berlin if that helps. This looks pretty awesome.
        Thanks! I'll be in touch...
        In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Originally posted by BestDressedChicken View Post
          Rough Trade carry a decent selection of that sort of thing. Try Rough Trade East.
          Noted, many thanks!
          In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

I would have thought quite a few record shops would be into that, try Beggars Banquet, Sounds Of The Universe, Sister Ray, Flashback and any open minded
            vinyl stockists, all those mentioned also stock fanzines and other 'ephemera' but you'd probably have to go round in person and pitch it.

Good luck, looks great.
            Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....

Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

Comment

Originally posted by Mondays Child View Post
              I would have thought quite a few record shops would be into that, try Beggars Banquet, Sounds Of The Universe, Sister Ray, Flashback and any open minded
              vinyl stockists, all those mentioned also stock fanzines and other 'ephemera' but you'd probably have to go round in person and pitch it.

Good luck, looks great.
              Thanks for the suggestions, it's got very little to actually do with me, personally. The creator is in Holland, I'm in Edinburgh... but I'll pass on the info - many thanks.
              In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Maybe obvious but Forbidden Planet and Gosh and that comic shop on Berwick Street whose name I've forgotten sound like decent bets. Or did you specifically want record shops that stock comics?

Comment

Originally posted by Filthy Rich View Post
                  Maybe obvious but Forbidden Planet and Gosh and that comic shop on Berwick Street whose name I've forgotten sound like decent bets. Or did you specifically want record shops that stock comics?
                  No no, ANY help is appreciated, thanks for the ideas... I'll be sure to pass them on.
                  In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

OK cool - although further research seems to suggest the Berwick St shop is also a Gosh http://www.goshlondon.com/find-us/ didn't know it was a chain.

Comment

Looks grand. I would like to buy one immediately if not sooner.
                      http://www.matpringle.co.uk

Comment

Looks very nice! How can I buy issues of this!! I want all the back issues also!!!
                        retro-pop-art-confusion

Comment

You know about Deadhead on Candlemaker Row yeah?
                          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Working...
                          X