New Illustrator Stuart Simpson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Illustrator Stuart Simpson

I'm aware that this thread is bare faced promotion, and would understand should the Mods deem this inappropriate, however...

I'd like to draw people's attention to the website of a relative and friend, because I think it's not only excellent in itself, but that it will provide you with some genuine laughs should you look for them.

You may recall the cover art to a VG+ Xmas swap I'd a couple of years back called "headhunter", if not here it is.

The music from me and artwork from Stuart worked pretty well, I thought. Stuart has three gorgeous boys all under 5 years old with a younger cousin of mine, and I've got to know him a little better when they've needed somewhere to stay in Edinburgh. They were down from the highlands on mass last weekend, for the prize ceremony and exhibition opening of a Creative Scotland funded project called Picture Hooks in which he's been involved.

The result of which is he's scooped a "to be negotiated" publishing deal, and perhaps crucially the interest of an agent. Great, great news, although until there's money in the bank he remains cautious.

His work is fabulous... feast your eyes. Stuart Simpson

Last edited by someblokecalledfuz; 05-11-2013, 10:26 PM.
    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Beautiful. Very Eric Carle-ish, which can never be a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by peretti View Post
      Beautiful. Very Eric Carle-ish, which can never be a bad thing.
      I'm genuinely taken with it.

The Utopian landscape, earthy adventures and breath taking innocence are great, but the owl / mobile phone logo is genius.
      In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Great stuff. Hope he finds an agent. that´s the key.

My mate`s a childrens´book writer in Edinburgh and the last time I visited he took me to the monthly literary soiree. I wasn´t expecting much but it was great - I met the bloke who does the Modern Parents in Viz and a scary woman in vintage garb and heavy make up tried to seduce me. Nobody had tried to seduce me since I was about 19.

Everybody was waiting for Ian Rankin to show up, but he was probably having a good old dig at Backbeat.
        Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Is your mates name Keith?
          In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Hey Fuz, these are great illustrations!
            A Sound Awareness

Comment

Working...
            X