Ayone else having this problem...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ayone else having this problem...?

Sorry to post on main forum but this is a bummer....

My TV seems to have some sort of computer virus..I have noticed for a while that there has been more and more 'Dr Who' content but it has now got to the stage where all I can access on every single channel is programmes about Dr Fucking Who.

Anyone else having the same problem?
    Endless Tripe

I can see, in another life, how Dr. Who could have mattered to me, but it is not this life. So I do not not begrudge those for whom Dr. Who matters, but I certainly do not envy them.

Cracking theme tune though.
    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

They stopped making it for 15 years..So its not 50 years is it?
      Last edited by son of stan; 23-11-2013, 08:14 AM.
      Endless Tripe

Comment

About the right time to sell the original theme tune Decca 45 methinks.

And maybe my William Hartnell autograph too (acquired by dad when he walked into a shop he managed all those years ago). But no, I would never sell that.

The show was required viewing in the Sixties when I were a lad. But ever since I have never got it. It's been completely over the top BBC hyperbole ever since hasn't it?

Comment

is Dr Who in Utrecht?
          new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

I thought I liked Dr Who for a while, but it turns out I just liked watching Tom Baker do stuff wearing a scarf.

Comment

On the plus side.... you do get to see archive footage of Delia Derbyshire at work in the radiophonic Workshop
              sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

its ace. its better than "celebrities" talking about nothing
                instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Well I like so there ner!
                    Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

what are you doing here?

instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

I had this problem when I came back to the UK a few Christmases ago. It was everywhere, I tried to watch it but it was all about romans and daleks and Hitler and was nearly as confusing as Hanna Montana, so I turned over and there was a fat bloke called James Corden who made me chuckle. He was great, does anybody else like him?
                        Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

VG+ers of the future will discuss certain Doctor Who episodes from recent years in reverential tones.

I'm not a big fan by any stretch and know little of the themes or history that tie the Who series together. During the David Tennant era there were some incredibly clever, eerie and sinister stand- alone episodes I saw which I'm sure will be discussed as TV Horror classics in years to come.

Did anyone see the episodes with the weeping angel statues that move towards you if you look away from them? (Was it called Blink?). Brilliantly plotted storyline to it too.

And the best of all...the one set in WW2 London with the little boy in the gas mask? Little f**ker was wandering around the outside of the house crying 'Mummy' and trying to get in...poking his fingers through the letter box. Utterly terrifying and again.... a superb and very emotional plot line under-pinning it. God knows how scary an average 8 year old would have found it.*

Y'all need to up your Who game. GK? Seriously. You need to see the two episodes I've mentioned. 100% candidates for Island of Terror.

*Edit: Nerdy research: Episode was called 'The Empty Child' and Christopher Eccleston was the Doctor.
                          <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Comment

Wasn't meant to be a thread for Dr Who enthusiasts.. You're well catered for on the internet already....or so I would imagine.

The only thing that made me smile about all this (and believe me it has been tough) was some poll about 'who is your favourite Dr Who?' where 70% of those interviewed said 'I have no interest whatsoever in Dr Who'
                              Endless Tripe

Comment

Working...
                              X