Stylish suits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stylish suits

One for any of you who like good tailoring...

Whether this is genuine or not this link it's worth a read...

Some proper serious nitty gritty sartorial insight here on one hand, and Hello style promotional journalism concerning recent triumphs of tailoring on the other. Brilliant in each way.

Who can possibly resist the storylines surrounding the groom and his six best men?

In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
    One for any of you who like good tailoring...

Whether this is genuine or not this link it's worth a read...
    Erm, I hate to be a tyre kicker, but I'm not convinced. For bespoke suits, quite a few of these don't appear to fit very well. And I'm a fan of seersucker but, to describe it as rare?

"...The second, because Ray asked for an extremely rare, but special, fabric for his suit..."

n.b. These are the opinions of a scruffy oik and therefore can be ignored.

But there must be some better blogs out there on the subject... And previous threads here and here. I wonder if Alan ever did buy his suit?
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero View Post
      Erm, I hate to be a tyre kicker, but I'm not convinced. For bespoke suits, quite a few of these don't appear to fit very well. And I'm a fan of seersucker but, to describe it as rare?

"...The second, because Ray asked for an extremely rare, but special, fabric for his suit..."

n.b. These are the opinions of a scruffy oik and therefore can be ignored.

But there must be some better blogs out there on the subject... And previous threads here and here. I wonder if Alan ever did buy his suit?
      I'm not urging you to buy the product, I'm hoping the reading of the blog provokes discussion, probably light hearted.

I'm looking to be persuaded into getting a tailored suit for Xmas by the family... so I did a little browsing and found myself laughing hysterically at the picture...

The whole thing makes me wonder how posed the entire blog is... Are these genuine storylines? Certainly it opened my eyes to elements of tailoring I'd not considered, but then tailoring is not an arena I'm familiar with.

Perhaps I should have put one of these in -

I'll read the links, thanks for that...
      In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

IMHO a lot of those suits fit like a sack of shit. I'd be asking for my money back if were 'a broker at ICAP'
        it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
        take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

We have an elderly bohemian family friend who expresses horror at the idea of a suit but always makes a splash at weddings.

At the last one he sported mustard plus fours and an Oscar Wilde felt hat , at another wedding he arrived in a cape and a black kilt. His waistcoat section is probably larger than my entire wardrobe.

He showed me his monocle once, although this is more of a conversation piece.
          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Uncle Monty?
            In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

I'm not a fan of two button jackets- they always gape. I can understand Katherine 'Voice of an Angel' Jenkins saying yes to this because she's young and foolish, but I'm surprised they managed to get people of the calibre of Geoff Capes, Will Young, Tom Daley, Adam Partridge from 'Flog It', Usain Bolt, Colonel Sanders, and Gino D'Acampo involved in this stunt.
              "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Uncle Monty?
                No, he was an art lecturer who lived across the road with his wife and three kids when I was growing up. then he received a massive inheritance and became a rather derivative surrealist painter.

Occasionally, he used to take six kids "touring" in his car, and I spent hours looking at the Shell Guide to Wild Life that he kept in his glove box. It´s the most beautiful book in the world and I´m going to buy one right now

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
                  IMHO a lot of those suits fit like a sack of shit. I'd be asking for my money back if were 'a broker at ICAP'
                  Indeed.

"Our now famous, one-of-a-kind Savile Row by Scooter service brings all the tradition and craftsmanship of Savile Row direct to your office, home, or wherever is most convenient! An experienced Henry Herbert tailor will bring with them a full range of fabric samples, and all the materials they need to guide you through the initial consultation or subsequent fitting"

All their tailors must be mods then - I wonder if they can do a savile row curl properly?

Comment

might be more than mere money he loses, if he's been a broker at ICAP recently...

here's the wide-angle view of the new range...

Comment

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                        No, he was an art lecturer who lived across the road with his wife and three kids when I was growing up. then he received a massive inheritance and became a rather derivative surrealist painter.

Occasionally, he used to take six kids "touring" in his car, and I spent hours looking at the Shell Guide to Wild Life that he kept in his glove box. It´s the most beautiful book in the world and I´m going to buy one right now

You wouldn't get a brown long-eared bat out and about at the same time as swallows...the noctule maybe
                        Has that swift on the left got a vapour trail? I knew they were fast....
                        Everyone tear down your own little wall
                        That keeps you from being a part of it all
                        Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                        You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Henry Herbert say their address is 5th Floor 9-10 Saville Row, but thats the address of this company too:

DARREN BEAMAN, 9/10 SAVILE ROW LONDON W1S 3PF (5TH FLOOR , APPOINTMENT ONLY),

Its also the address of:
                          HOLLAND & SHERRY LIMITED
                          5TH FLOOR 9-10 SAVILE ROW
                          LONDON

and:
                          Katherine Maylin
                          Ladies Savile Row Tailors
                          5th floor
                          9/10 Savile Row (by appointment only)
                          London
                          W1X 1AF

and:
                          Beazleys (Savile Row) Ltd. 5th floor 9-10, Savile Row, London, London, W1S 3PF.

and:
                          Brunex Ltd
                          5Th Floor
                          9-10 Savile Row
                          West Central
                          London

Must be pretty cramped up there eh? God forbid that companies were purely using this address to say they were based on Saville Row...

Funny that Henry Herbert's postal address is:
                          156-158 Gray’s Inn Road,
                          London, WC1X 8ED

Grays Inn Rd doesn't have the same ring to it as Saville Row does it?
                          it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                          take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Henry Herbert say their address is 5th Floor 9-10 Saville Row, but thats the address of this company too:

DARREN BEAMAN, 9/10 SAVILE ROW LONDON W1S 3PF (5TH FLOOR , APPOINTMENT ONLY),

Its also the address of:
                            HOLLAND & SHERRY LIMITED
                            5TH FLOOR 9-10 SAVILE ROW
                            LONDON

and:
                            Katherine Maylin
                            Ladies Savile Row Tailors
                            5th floor
                            9/10 Savile Row (by appointment only)
                            London
                            W1X 1AF

and:
                            Beazleys (Savile Row) Ltd. 5th floor 9-10, Savile Row, London, London, W1S 3PF.

and:
                            Brunex Ltd
                            5Th Floor
                            9-10 Savile Row
                            West Central
                            London

Must be pretty cramped up there eh? God forbid that companies were purely using this address to say they were based on Saville Row...

Funny that Henry Herbert's postal address is:
                            156-158 Gray’s Inn Road,
                            London, WC1X 8ED

Grays Inn Rd doesn't have the same ring to it as Saville Row does it?

Comment

"You wouldn't get a brown long-eared bat out and about at the same time as swallows...the noctule maybe
                              Has that swift on the left got a vapour trail? I knew they were fast...."
                              Well, he said his uncle is a surrealist.

Comment

Working...
                              X