X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lionel Bart: reviewing the situation - tonight on BBC4

I tell you no lie.
    To infinity - and beyond!

It is one of my great ambitions in life to actually make it through "Twang" in its entirety.
    One day, one day...
    Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

Watched the first half last night - enjoyable so far.

I never new Mike Pratt was in a band with Tommy Steele!

Explains why he was such a hipster in Randall & Hopkirk deceased - e.g. smoking Disques Bleu...

Comment

Finished of the docu last night - included some great footage of Babs Windsor at the time of "Twang"...

What were the two Gainsbourg like numbers on the soundtrack towards the end of the docu - sung by Bart himself?

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
          Finished of the docu last night - included some great footage of Babs Windsor at the time of "Twang"...

What were the two Gainsbourg like numbers on the soundtrack towards the end of the docu - sung by Bart himself?
          They will be "May A Man Be Merry" and "Isn't This Where We Came In?" from, er, "Isn't This Where We Came In?", Lionel's "psychedelic" concept LP. Big favourite round here and usually pretty cheap on ebay.
          Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

Originally posted by Mang View Post
            They will be "May A Man Be Merry" and "Isn't This Where We Came In?" from, er, "Isn't This Where We Came In?", Lionel's "psychedelic" concept LP. Big favourite round here and usually pretty cheap on ebay.
            Excellent - thanks for that.

He sported a great line in hats throughout the docu.

Comment

Working...
            X