X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amiri Baraka R.I.P

http://www.theguardian.com/books/201...0/amiri-baraka
    sigpicRock on Penderyn

I loved Blues People when I first read it and when I re-read it recently I still thought it was very powerful
    More polemic than history but good for all that
    And Black Music is more straight forward jazz criticism
    I must confess his later stuff that I've read hasnt had the same impact on me
    "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

One of the stranger disco-funk records I have was written and produced by Amiri Baraka - "You Was Dancin Need To Be Marchin So You Can Dance Some More Later On" by The Advanced Workers With The Anti-Imperialist Singers On Peoples War.

Too few dance records have the chant - "Marxism-Leninism, Mao Zedong Thought".
      records - one a week mixcloud
      records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by left hand corner View Post
        One of the stranger disco-funk records I have was written and produced by Amiri Baraka - "You Was Dancin Need To Be Marchin So You Can Dance Some More Later On" by The Advanced Workers With The Anti-Imperialist Singers On Peoples War.

Too few dance records have the chant - "Marxism-Leninism, Mao Zedong Thought".
        you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload. you must upload.

Comment

Someone posted a youtube link to the track in this thread but it's now disappeared. Anyway, here it is - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5RAvDZZyCI

Apparently Amiri Baraka also sings on the track.
          records - one a week mixcloud
          records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

Working...
          X