NRR: Hurrah For Bollywood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRR: Hurrah For Bollywood

A place to pile in with examples of visual extravagance and non-sequitur genius duck taping from the film production conveyor belt that is Bollywood. Like this.

Idhi Oka Nandanavanam from Adavi Donga.

Check out the opening sequence of Jadu Tona (1977)

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

I´ve only ever watched two Bollywood films from beginning to end. One was cricket epic Lagaan, which i don´t think really counts. The other I stumbled upon when arriving home the worse for wear late one night, and was about a cranky shop owner who was arranging his inheritance. I was about to go to bed when this happened.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Great stuff, that Jadu Tona music is incredible! And translucent Superman delivers throughout, but from 3:40 on - oh yes!

Here's another great example of flagrant intellectual property infringement wherein the 5th Beatle delivers an unforgettable wig out.

"Dekho ab to kisko nahin hai khabar."- JANWAR

Comment

Phwoar.

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Double phwoar.

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
              Double phwoar.
              What I didn't realise until I bought a copy of the record is that the full song is about twice the length of this clip. Did they only use part of the song, or is the clip itself only part of the segment from the movie?
              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonovox View Post
                A place to pile in with examples of visual extravagance and non-sequitur genius duck taping from the film production conveyor belt that is Bollywood. Like this.

Idhi Oka Nandanavanam from Adavi Donga.

Been playing this non-stop tonight. Superb. There should be a special word for stuff like this.
                "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero View Post
                  What I didn't realise until I bought a copy of the record is that the full song is about twice the length of this clip. Did they only use part of the song, or is the clip itself only part of the segment from the movie?
                  I agree - this clip is only part of the song presented on the OST. I've not seen any more of the movie to check...

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                    I´ve only ever watched two Bollywood films from beginning to end. One was cricket epic Lagaan, which i don´t think really counts. The other I stumbled upon when arriving home the worse for wear late one night, and was about a cranky shop owner who was arranging his inheritance. I was about to go to bed when this happened.

I'm not convinced this guy is really Superman. Real superhero's don't have sweaty armpits
                    some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
                      Phwoar.

Polka dot bow tie with the heft of a grapefruit = win.

Comment

Some days you just can't get a break.

Comment

Working...
                        X