Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Detective: Sky Atlantic: Saturday 9pm

Heads up.

An awful lot of buzzing going on about this 8 part series with Episode 4 being cited as a jaw dropper. The wife will watch it for McConaughey. I'll watch for Harrelson.

Best US detective show since The Wire?
    <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Originally posted by Ian Townsend View Post
    Heads up.

An awful lot of buzzing going on about this 8 part series with Episode 4 being cited as a jaw dropper. The wife will watch it for McConaughey. I'll watch for Harrelson.

Best US detective show since The Wire?
    Mrs E is a confirmed McConaughey lover - but only in rom coms. She has taken one look at him in the trailers for this and declared that he is too thin and not attractive!
    We will probably watch it nonetheless- if I can be torn away from House of Cards which is so ridiculous its brilliant!
    "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post
      Mrs E is a confirmed McConaughey lover - but only in rom coms.
      Your wife should definitely avoid The Paperboy, in which poor Matthew gets beaten up, hog tied and sodomised.
      As a bonus you also get Macey Gray masturbating and Nicole Kidman wazzing on someone's jellyfish weals.

where do people find the time to watch all these unmissable US TV series? In the last 10 years I´ve managed the first seasons of 24, Heroes, Prison Break and The Wire and it still seems like an enormous chunk of my life. And to be honest, i think I preferred Jonathan Creek to all of them.
      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I thought it was excellent, although similar-ish to 'Hannibal' in terms of the murder. Be warned - there are some real accents going on. My wife would be offended at the very notion of tuning in to watch Matthew Whatnot, although with this and 'The Wolf Of Wall Street', he seems to be developing into a pretty good actor - as is Woody Harrelson, who is really good in this. Who'd have thunk it?
        SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Re: Woody Harrelson

Have you given 'Rampart' a go? He's off the chain in that.

I'm currently tuning in to ITV4 of an evening as they're slap bang in the middle of Cheers' golden era (it's my favourite TV prog of all time) and it's impossible to reconcile Woody Boyd with Dave Brown (the anti-hero of Rampart).

But, yeah, McConaughey is the man of the moment for sure. Which began with his amazing cameos in 'Eastbound and Down'
          Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Benicio Del Toffo View Post

I'm currently tuning in to ITV4 of an evening as they're slap bang in the middle of Cheers' golden era (it's my favourite TV prog of all time)
            "Ha, you thought I was dumb enough to keep my money in my shoe, didn´t you?"
            "So why are you looking in your shoe?"
            "This is where I keep the map of where I buried the money"
            Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

House of Cards which is so ridiculous its brilliant!
              It can't be as good as the original Uk version, can it?
              http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Originally posted by ladyboygrimsby View Post
                It's almost impossible to compare them
                The US version has gone so far in its own direction that it's almost stand alone

Just watched the final episode of the second season and I've loved every minute of it
                "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Originally posted by ladyboygrimsby View Post
                  It's almost impossible to compare them
                  The US version has gone so far in its own direction that it's almost stand alone
                  Ditto The Office ( US). I loved The UK Office but the US version is consistently warmer and funnier with a brilliant ensemble cast.
                  <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Everyone is telling me to watch True Detective at the moment.
                    Killer Joe was surely where Connaughey threw off his nice guy image. Nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Filthy Rich View Post
                      Killer Joe was surely where Connaughey threw off his nice guy image. Nasty.
                      He was quite nasty as a love scrooge for most of Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, but Jennifer Garner finally made a decent man of him.
                      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

But did he rape anyone with a piece of KFC in that?

Comment

Originally posted by Filthy Rich View Post
                          But did he rape anyone with a piece of KFC in that?
                          That´s a very good point. No, he didn´t.
                          He did a lot of lazy leering, though.
                          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

That can be very hurtful.

Comment

Originally posted by Benicio Del Toffo View Post
                              But, yeah, McConaughey is the man of the moment for sure. Which began with his amazing cameos in 'Eastbound and Down'

It's all about this guy for me
                              MUSHRUMPS Daily party-prog MP3 blog

Comment

Working...
                              X