DVD problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD problem...

I wondered if any of you wonderful technically minded people might possibly be able to help me...

I've recently bought a fancy new DVD player a Samsung Blu ray 3D player and plugged it into my TV (Technika). I was really looking forward to reliving my childhood with a box set of the A team, next to me was my 8 year old boy literally bouncing up and down with excitement after all I had told him about Hanibal and the gang...

Of course it didn't work... The actual DVDs are new so that's not the problem. The Dvd's play in the machine and we can even see them, but we can't hear them at all. Turn off the DVD machine and the TV volume works perfectly... I think I've pressed every button on the remote to no avail...

Any help / guidance / suggestions / piss taking very welcome....

Thanks in adavnce
    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

are you using an hdmi cable or other ones. you might be able to use separate phono connectors for the audio.

Comment

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
      I wondered if any of you wonderful technically minded people might possibly be able to help me...

I've recently bought a fancy new DVD player a Samsung Blu ray 3D player and plugged it into my TV (Technika). I was really looking forward to reliving my childhood with a box set of the A team, next to me was my 8 year old boy literally bouncing up and down with excitement after all I had told him about Hanibal and the gang...

Of course it didn't work... The actual DVDs are new so that's not the problem. The Dvd's play in the machine and we can even see them, but we can't hear them at all. Turn off the DVD machine and the TV volume works perfectly... I think I've pressed every button on the remote to no avail...

Any help / guidance / suggestions / piss taking very welcome....

Thanks in adavnce
      Are you sure it is supposed to play standard DVDs? Or are you playing Blu rays? I have a Samsung 3D Blu Ray and as far as I know it does only play blu rays. I didn't realise the original TV series was on Blu Ray.....

(actually - I'm now not sure whether mine should be able to play standard DVDs.... you've thrown me into confusion!)
      "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

I am
        Originally posted by Striker View Post
        using an hdmi cable
        , which is new as well...
        In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Originally posted by pitch View Post
          Are you sure it is supposed to play standard DVDs? Or are you playing Blu rays? I have a Samsung 3D Blu Ray and as far as I know it does only play blu rays. I didn't realise the original TV series was on Blu Ray.....

(actually - I'm now not sure whether mine should be able to play standard DVDs.... you've thrown me into confusion!)
          Now that's us both confused... surely they wouldn't sell me a DVD player that doesn't play DVD's? As I say the DVD's play fine... I just can't hear them.
          In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
            Now that's us both confused... surely they wouldn't sell me a DVD player that doesn't play DVD's? As I say the DVD's play fine... I just can't hear them.
            Having put the question into google it seems clear that Blu Ray players do play standard DVDs - so that's not the problem (and means I can project all my DVDs on the wall as well as Blu Rays, which is what I use my stand alone player for )

Have you checked that you have selected the right output in the menu on the player? Might be a simple setting issue.
            "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

I had the same thing once with an HDMI cable, it turned out to be an HDMI handshake problem. Disconnect the HDMI cable, turn everything off for 10 minutes, turn the TV on first, reconnect the cable.

Worth a shot.

Comment

I've had a couple Samsung DVD players which just didn't work, even with a Samsung TV. Both from Richer Sounds, who replaced them without any problem and said that it's pretty common for cheaper players. Hopefully your issue is less terminal.

Comment

Originally posted by pitch View Post
                  Have you checked that you have selected the right output in the menu on the player? Might be a simple setting issue.
                  This happened to me when I got a new telly. The dvd player's audio output option needed to be changed to HDMI.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonovox View Post
                    I had the same thing once with an HDMI cable, it turned out to be an HDMI handshake problem. Disconnect the HDMI cable, turn everything off for 10 minutes, turn the TV on first, reconnect the cable.

Worth a shot.
                    Gave it a go... no joy. Thanks though...
                    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Originally posted by Magoorty View Post
                      This happened to me when I got a new telly. The dvd player's audio output option needed to be changed to HDMI.

I don't think it's this Stew...
                      In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sa...r+has+no+sound

Have you checked the TV sound controls?
                        some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Working...
                        X