Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Channel 4: Tonight!: 8pm: The Hoarder Next Door - Records

Oooh blimey.

Record it whilst encouraging significant other/s to watch something or anything else, then watch quietly on your own when they're out. You know it makes sense and will circumvent you getting 'that' look.

In Bury St Edmunds, David's passion for music and buying records has spiralled into a compulsion to hoard anything that takes his fancy. A regular on the car boot circuit, in his endless hunt for a bargain David has filled every inch of living space in his bungalow.
    <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Yeah well clearly he's an amateur at this game, a bungalow....that'll fill up easy.
    Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

AKA Record Collectors A Warning From History
      Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Ian man.
        "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

It's all a question of money really I suppose. If he was loaded like Gilles Peterson, he could afford to have a nice big house full of records, and live the respectable life of a non hoarder-sorry, collector- in his bungalow.
          Everyone tear down your own little wall
          That keeps you from being a part of it all
          Because you've got to be one with the one and all
          You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

I enjoyed that a lot, might make my better half watch it as record collecting was encouraged !

Nice to see some of Ollie Teeba's collection, that was an added bonus...
            "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

MacDonald & Giles on display. Good man
              Everyone tear down your own little wall
              That keeps you from being a part of it all
              Because you've got to be one with the one and all
              You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
                Bang On A Drum on display. Good man
                Word.
                Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

Abba on display. Good man
                  some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Leo Sayer on display. Good man
                    Basically the guy was a mentalist who bought loads of shit from charity shops.

The milk bottle Dude seemed pretty sane and organised. As soon as he could monetise getting rid of the stuff he was happy to let it go.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup View Post
                      Basically the guy was a mentalist who bought loads of shit from charity shops.
                      I bet (by the law of averages) there was some good stuff in there.
                      some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

wine on display. Good man

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
                          Sie Vulture's really let himself go...

Comment

Originally posted by medlar View Post
                            I bet (by the law of averages) there was some good stuff in there.
                            Almost certainly. But if you were offered one of the two collections seen in the show I think I know which one most of use would take a chance on.

John Peel

Comment

I turned off in disgust when he didn't have the solid blue triangle Dark Side of the Moon. Amateur hoarder

Comment

Working...
                              X