X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mike sondek
    replied
    Originally posted by babycart View Post
    Anyone else apart from me and Brass Monkey enjoying the football recently?
    If recently means the last 4 games, yes.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27168533

Leave a comment:

• RobLilley
    replied
    Originally posted by ladyboygrimsby View Post
    Me too. Disappointing result last night but great performance.
    Let's hope we can whoop their arses at Gateshead - UTM

Leave a comment:

• ladyboygrimsby
    replied
    Originally posted by RobLilley View Post
    Looking forward to the Conference Play offs - UTM!!
    Me too. Disappointing result last night but great performance.

Leave a comment:

• babycart
    replied
    Originally posted by Brass Monkey View Post
    Got Fellaini's coming out of my ears, here's my swapsies:
    Rakitic 63
    Mandzukic 69
    Mexico team 71
    Reyes 78
    Herrera 80
    Aboubakar 103
    Ramirez 192
    Papastathopolous 207
    Samaras 218
    Uruguay badge shiney 260
    Muslera 262
    Shaqiri 351
    Dzemeili 348
    Nasri 388
    Fernandez 417
    Bicakcic 436
    Davari 452
    Temourian 461
    Dejagah 464
    Rezaei 466
    Moses 482
    Pepe 510
    Mereiles 519
    Fellaini 576
    Mesbah 589
    Berezutski 607

Let's swap.

the stickers only landed here last week, BM, so we´ve only got a handful so far. I´ll get back to you when we´re stickered up.
    My lad wants Fellaini because he´s the only footballer he´s seen in the street. He popped into a cafe in Tangiers for a shawarma last year and the boy Marouane was there. He was too shy to ask for an autograph, though, so it´s not like he's bezzies like you and JT.

Leave a comment:

• Ronnies-Pockets
    replied
    Originally posted by Slim Jim View Post
    Who'd have thought six wasn't enough?.....

Mourinho is a bore and a hypocrite and thank christ his style of attritional football was found out last night. More importantly, that twat John Terry can't milk someone else's success again after letting his team-mates down.

Keep an eye out for the Minstermen in the League 2 playoffs. THe football is ugly, not very exciting and tough to watch but Nigel Worthington's got us within a couple of games of promotion to lots of lovely Yorkshire derbies next season..... Oh and Mariners fans - thanks for Michael Coulson!!
    He can you know

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...pse18cb17c.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Brass Monkey
    replied

here's me with John. He's a lot taller than you think. BTW this was taken about 30 minutes after the Suarez bite.

Leave a comment:

• Brass Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by babycart View Post
    I like that a lot, and will almost certainly steal it.

Atlético fans don´t like it when you put an h in their name. I don´t know why - they had one until the 40s and then took it out to please Franco.
    I think it´s because those stubborn Basques from Bilbao kept their 'h' all along.

That goalie Courtois is astonishing. Spain´s had about five world class goalies recently, and then a Belgian comes along and makes them look run-of-the-mill.
    Belgium have a soft group in Brazil, too, and they soared through the qualifiers. I fancy them for a good run.

Have you got a spare Fellaini Panini, BM?
    Got Fellaini's coming out of my ears, here's my swapsies:
    Rakitic 63
    Mandzukic 69
    Mexico team 71
    Reyes 78
    Herrera 80
    Aboubakar 103
    Ramirez 192
    Papastathopolous 207
    Samaras 218
    Uruguay badge shiney 260
    Muslera 262
    Shaqiri 351
    Dzemeili 348
    Nasri 388
    Fernandez 417
    Bicakcic 436
    Davari 452
    Temourian 461
    Dejagah 464
    Rezaei 466
    Moses 482
    Pepe 510
    Mereiles 519
    Fellaini 576
    Mesbah 589
    Berezutski 607

Let's swap.

Problem with Belgiums is that after their poor show in their home Euro Championships they built their football training around playing lovely football regardless of the end result. One or two in your side is going to add style and creativity (see Hazard, Kompany, Courtois) but fill a team with them and they'll play like neat little passes, back heals and cruyff turns all day long and be happy to lose 4-3. They'll get out the group but go no further.

Hodgson should let Gerrard pick the team and tactics.

Leave a comment:

• babycart
    replied
    Originally posted by Brass Monkey View Post
    Mourinho is like an old friend you've not seen for ages and then you meet him in the pub and you remember he was always a massive dickhead.
    I like that a lot, and will almost certainly steal it.

Atlético fans don´t like it when you put an h in their name. I don´t know why - they had one until the 40s and then took it out to please Franco.
    I think it´s because those stubborn Basques from Bilbao kept their 'h' all along.

That goalie Courtois is astonishing. Spain´s had about five world class goalies recently, and then a Belgian comes along and makes them look run-of-the-mill.
    Belgium have a soft group in Brazil, too, and they soared through the qualifiers. I fancy them for a good run.

Have you got a spare Fellaini Panini, BM?

Leave a comment:

• Slim Jim
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronnies-Pockets View Post
    The Madrid derby is nothing compared to Leicester's triumphant return.
    Jose should have played 8 defenders...shame
    Who'd have thought six wasn't enough?.....

Mourinho is a bore and a hypocrite and thank christ his style of attritional football was found out last night. More importantly, that twat John Terry can't milk someone else's success again after letting his team-mates down.

Keep an eye out for the Minstermen in the League 2 playoffs. THe football is ugly, not very exciting and tough to watch but Nigel Worthington's got us within a couple of games of promotion to lots of lovely Yorkshire derbies next season..... Oh and Mariners fans - thanks for Michael Coulson!!

Leave a comment:

• alanmck
    replied
    we (Fulham) had lots of fun at the Europa League final with the Atleti fans, so am in equal measure pleased for them and grateful to them for last night.

they taught us lots of nice songs as we got drunk together, one Real ditty in particular sticks in the mind; something about them being nice to their mums.

oh, no, they were hijos de putas, that was it.

Real Madrid are hijos de putas.
    Last edited by alanmck; 01-05-2014, 12:03 PM. Reason: i dropped the haitch. babycart made me do it.

Leave a comment:

• Brass Monkey
    replied
    Mourinho is like an old friend you've not seen for ages and then you meet him in the pub and you remember he was always a massive dickhead.

All of me wanted Athletico to equalise then play 11 men behind the ball, cheat and waste time, just so I could laugh and swear at Mourinho moaning about it.

Love or him loathe Ronaldo is something else.

On another footballing point, I spend time in Scotland and I suspect that in the highly unlikely event of England doing well in the world cup Alex Salmond need never make another political point.

Leave a comment:

• Ronnies-Pockets
    replied
    The Madrid derby is nothing compared to Leicester's triumphant return.
    Jose should have played 8 defenders...shame

Leave a comment:

• Melter
    replied
    What he said
    Originally posted by medlar View Post
    Thank god for that, Moanrinho can bog right off!

Leave a comment:

• medlar
    replied
    Thank god for that, Moanrinho can bog right off!

Leave a comment:

• RobLilley
    replied
    Looking forward to the Conference Play offs - UTM!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X