Help Me Find this Record Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Find this Record Bag

My girlfriend saw this record bag on ebay and fell in love with it - I've never seen one like it before, are they new or old? Anyone who can give me a hint on finding one will be my friend forever cos there is a chance she will like me almost as much as the stupid bag.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vtg-1970s-NWT...-/201054688512

Judging by the title the make might be Beltline or it might not be

"Vtg 1970's NWT Retro Round White Vinyl Satchel Beltline California Handbag Purse"

Thanks in advance.

Can you email the seller and ask them for details? It looks old/vintage to me, to judge from that label.

Google brings this up - http://www.trademarkia.com/mr-philli...-73075424.html - which I'd guess is the company.
    "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

It is old stock - 70s original handbag. What makes you think it is a record bag though??! I do hope you are not mistaking the fact it is made out of vinyl for some other meaning?
      "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by pitch View Post
        It is old stock - 70s original handbag. What makes you think it is a record bag though??! I do hope you are not mistaking the fact it is made out of vinyl for some other meaning?
        I thought the same when Liza asked me but it does have a tape measure beside it showing that it is just over twelve inches across and, although I haven't read the listing properly, Liza said that it says something in there about it being used for records or a dj bag or something.

Comment

Though actually it doesn't seem to be twelve inches high... I guess you could use it as a seven inch bag although it's probably not designed for that purpose.

Comment

I have fallen in love with these though.....

http://www.aplaceforeverything.co.uk...rage-box-birch
            "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by pitch View Post
              I have fallen in love with these though.....

http://www.aplaceforeverything.co.uk...rage-box-birch
              they are beautiful.

but "chique"? really?

and those rounded corners might bend the sleeves, mind.

Comment

Look a bit flimsy for the asking price. £165?
                some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Post this request on Waxidermy? So many Cali dudes on there and this bag could be ubiquitous in Vintage and S/H stores.
                  <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Dont us guys have a parallel handbag forum. I believe Ian T checks in there from time to time. Come on Ian spill the beans.
                      Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

Originally posted by Filthy Rich View Post
                        I thought the same when Liza asked me but it does have a tape measure beside it showing that it is just over twelve inches across
                        some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by eclipsechaser View Post
                          Dont us guys have a parallel handbag forum. I believe Ian T checks in there from time to time. Come on Ian spill the beans.
                          I bet the girls over there would love the challenge of sourcing one! Not sure if I'm confident enough to burst into their lipstick and high- heel paradise alone though. Just lurking there makes my tummy a bit fluttery and I hear 80s romantic sax tunes in my head.

Perhaps a gang of us, all holding bottles of Merlot, could go over and knock on their door and ask? One confident type could do the talking ( Babycart or GK maybe?) while the rest of us shuffle about looking at our feet or strain up on tip toes to try and see into their forum over Babycart's shoulder.

There'll probably be a split-second flicker of half- interest when they hear 'our friend Filthy Rich' and 'sourcing retro handbag' before they return to stroking their own legs in a sultry fashion or coquettishly painting their toenails.

Worth a try I spose.
                          <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Townsend View Post
                            I bet the girls over there would love the challenge of sourcing one! Not sure if I'm confident enough to burst into their lipstick and high- heel paradise alone though. Just lurking there makes my tummy a bit fluttery and I hear 80s romantic sax tunes in my head.

Perhaps a gang of us, all holding bottles of Merlot, could go over and knock on their door and ask? One confident type could do the talking ( Babycart or GK maybe?) while the rest of us shuffle about looking at our feet or strain up on tip toes to try and see into their forum over Babycart's shoulder.

There'll probably be a split-second flicker of half- interest when they hear 'our friend Filthy Rich' and 'sourcing retro handbag' before they return to stroking their own legs in a sultry fashion or coquettishly painting their toenails.

Worth a try I spose.
                            I´m already in there, Ian. I meet up with "the girls" for martinis and a few rounds of pinochle whenever I´m in the states. We have a scream, but it´s gone way beyond bags now.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                              We have a scream, but it´s gone way beyond bags now.
                              There's a 16mm film doing the rounds for £40.
                              Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Working...
                              X