IT SOLUTIONS FAKE OR GENUINE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT SOLUTIONS FAKE OR GENUINE

had a phone call from a company saying they were from a company called IT SOLUTIONS i was at work my daughter done some things on the computer..eg.clicked on the start screen typed in run,and came up with a error log etc..they then said it would cost £80 to be there product etc..we turned the computer back on and needed to put in a password?? can any web site send a prograam online to my computer to do this?? not sure if they any bank details etc..?been on there web site seems genuine,but wifes abit worried about if these can access my bank detials etc,none were given out over the phone
    ------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Don't know the full details but it might be Ransom ware.

http://triplescomputers.com/blog/cas...ansom-lockout/

Comment

the first number they rang from was 07324521111,which dont exist ? we put the phone down,they rang again on this number 001000000000,web search reveals its a scam of some sort,they ring you and it costs you money some how??

Comment

Originally posted by smashingcheesegromit View Post
        the first number they rang from was 07324521111,which dont exist ? we put the phone down,they rang again on this number 001000000000,web search reveals its a scam of some sort,they ring you and it costs you money some how??
        Yeah. According to this website http://www.unknownphone.com/search.php?num=001000000000
        it looks like it's ransomware.

"Just had a call from this number, it was a foreign woman saying she was from Microsoft and that my computer had a virus, when I asked her were she had got my number from as we are ex directory she said the computer just generates the number they call. Apparently they tell you your computer has a virus and give you a code to enter they they can access your laptop etc to sort if for you. I told her I had googled the code and it's a scam. They tell you they are clearing the virus but need to download some data which then costs you a small fortune. Is there a way to report them, I am already with TPS but it obviously isn't working. I told her I had reported them to the police but she just kept talking, I hung up while she was nattering on."

Comment

Well known scam based in New Dehli, I think. Ask them any tricky questions and they'll put the phone down.. Or just say you have a Mac or don't own a computer. Not malware as far as I know, just a straightforward speculative shake down.

Comment

Spanish police have just issued a warning about this scam. According to them it's usually an English speaker with a South Asian accent and a withheld number or a long overseas one. They block your computer and you have to pay for "security" to free it again.

One called my son the other week, but he's well used to having fun with cold callers now. "Yes, my dad is here but he´s lying on the floor and hasn´t moved for four hours and he feels all cold and stiff..."
            Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

yep seems like ransom ware,fortunatly it doesnt seem to of affected my computer,seems that you cant do a system restore(if affected) i did a restore for 2 days ago,comp seems to work fine after rebooted

Comment

agreed this stuff is well known but didnt know it was going the rounds. If you do have some kind of ransomware on your computer you should be able to get it of with one of your virus checkers. If not for about the same price of the ransom go to your nearest pc repair shop they can most likely sort you out.

If you know a little what you are doing you might just be able to boot into safe mode and delete the programs.
                Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

Working...
                X