Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Wanna see it but I never saw 'Rise'. Should I see that on DVD first? Incredible rating for Dawn on Rotten Tomatoes with lots of mentions of 'weighty themes' that are well- handled apparently. The ad campaign during World Cup coverage has sold it to me also.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes on Rotten Tomatoes
    <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Originally posted by Ian Townsend View Post
    Wanna see it but I never saw 'Rise'. Should I see that on DVD first? Incredible rating for Dawn on Rotten Tomatoes with lots of mentions of 'weighty themes' that are well- handled apparently. The ad campaign during World Cup coverage has sold it to me also.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes on Rotten Tomatoes
    Rise is really enjoyable, despite James Franco being in it. It´s a good sign when the memorable scenes aren't the slam-bang action sequences, but some of those are great, too, and some are a bit daft
    Caesar the monkey also looks just like Daniel Craig.
    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I want to see this too and I also need to watch Rise. I wonder if Andy Serkis is sad that people only put him in films when they can stick computer sensors all over him and turn him into a scurrying little beast?

Comment

Originally posted by toby.d View Post
        I want to see this too and I also need to watch Rise. I wonder if Andy Serkis is sad that people only put him in films when they can stick computer sensors all over him and turn him into a scurrying little beast?
        I think he´s better as a scurrying little beast. I didn´t like that Ian Dury film at all.
        Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Oh yeah I missed that one but heard similar reports. You're right though, the man has a special talent and is right to be typecast as a digital rendering.

Comment

I'm looking foreslår to this. Looks like my kind of weighty adventure/sci fi. The ape friendly actor was good in Lawless and Zero Dark Thirty.

Liked Rise a lot. Will probably add to the experience peeing that first.
            LOST SOUNDTRACKS Mixtape

HOLDBAR HIP HOP Podcast

BUSYBODY FILMS

Comment

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes on The Onion

NSFW
              https://oneboxrecordfair.wordpress.com/
              http://twitter.com/#!/obrftokyo
              https://instagram.com/obrftokyo/
              https://www.facebook.com/Its-Time-Fo...5685810999497/

Formerly, lecturer at the University of Rome, with two commas and a full stop in the normal way.

(=^ェ^=)

Comment

Should't it be Night of the living Planet of the apes? :-D:-D:-D
                LOST SOUNDTRACKS Mixtape

HOLDBAR HIP HOP Podcast

BUSYBODY FILMS

Comment

Saw this a couple of days ago in Bangkok.

Very enjoyable, great effects, CGI.

Comment

Saw a private screening last night. Great Film more than a case of monkey see monkey do
                    sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

Was great.

APES TOGETHER STRONG!!
                      LOST SOUNDTRACKS Mixtape

HOLDBAR HIP HOP Podcast

BUSYBODY FILMS

Comment

Saw it yesterday and was a bit disappointed. Gary Oldman was wasted and didn´t seem interested in the first place, and there was way too much monkeys-with-machine guns CGI rubbish and not enough orang utan wisdom.

9/10 from my son, though.
                        Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

After being cheated by the Prometheus trailer I vowed never again. And no, I didn't go, despite a spectacular trailer. Hollywood can fuck right off.
                          some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by medlar View Post
                            After being cheated by the Prometheus trailer I vowed never again. And no, I didn't go, despite a spectacular trailer. Hollywood can fuck right off.
                            Right on. All art is a lie. Only field work and homemaking matters.
                            LOST SOUNDTRACKS Mixtape

HOLDBAR HIP HOP Podcast

BUSYBODY FILMS

Comment

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
                              Right on. All art is a lie. Only field work and homemaking matters.
                              Just make a 90 second trailer and all is well.
                              some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Working...
                              X