Gerardo Dottori paintings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerardo Dottori paintings

Anyone up Islington way could do worse than to pop into the Estorick gallery and check out the current exhibition of Gerardo Dottori. Can't believe some of these were done in the 20s!
    http://www.estorickcollection.com/exhibitions/

Blew me away. Good custard tarts in the café too!
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
    Can't believe some of these were done in the 20s!
    I can

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Funnily enough they didn't have that one in the exhibition...... I went along a couple of weeks ago - great exhibition - he was the landscape and small town futurist, which provided contrasts to some of the machine and speed-loving (though he was a keen cyclist) fellow futurists. My favourite I think...

Lovely little gallery too - often with good exhibitions.
      "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Found it hard to drag myself away from that one. Might have spent a bit too long ogling Flora too.
        I really like the speedy/ mechanical side of the Futurists too. Saw a great exhibition of lino-cuts from that period a few years back. "Lino cuts of the machine age" Claude Flight, Cyril Powers etc.

Doesn't take much to get me off topic!
        I like that gallery too. Some of the bigger exhibitions at larger galleries can be a bit overwhelming. The size of the Estorick gallery favours a more intense experience. Must admit I don't keep my eye on it enough really.
        Everyone tear down your own little wall
        That keeps you from being a part of it all
        Because you've got to be one with the one and all
        You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Working...
        X