A taxing question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A taxing question...

While paying my road tax the other day, it was brought to my attention that the British government is about to do away with the long standing institution that is the tax disc, replacing it with some new high tech electronic system that will probably never be enforceable, allowing the crazies who already drive round my patch with no insurance the opportunity to do it without the burden of tax as well.

I was a bit miffed by this, having invested almost on a new tax disc holder just last year when my old one started to regularly fall off the windscreen under the weight of the many years of accumulated paper on my old car. Are the tax disc holders of millions of British motorists simply to become wastefully redundant or can the collective genius of VG+ come up with a new raison d'etre for a different kind of plastic disc?....discuss...
    you can hear colours when they rhyme...

It seems that if you buy a car after oct 1st that any tax disc , even if it has say 10 months left on it is worthless and you have to pay for tax in your name immediately upon purchase or your not taxed and therefore not insured

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...+disc&_sacat=0

Comment

...thus halving the resale value of my car at a stroke!....I just had a look on eBay...hundreds and hundreds of unsold tax disc holders....perhaps there's a market for tax disc sized repro labels of rare 45s....and aren't Spoke Records missing a marketing opportunity here?....
      you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

Originally posted by reza View Post
        It seems that if you buy a car after oct 1st that any tax disc , even if it has say 10 months left on it is worthless and you have to pay for tax in your name immediately upon purchase or your not taxed and therefore not insured

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...+disc&_sacat=0
        You can get a refund: Vehicle Tax Changes
        "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

Comment

Working...
        X