• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone here speak Jamie?

My partner recently decided to have a crack at this recipe

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/c...n-tikka-masala

it was a fucking nightmare

It’s highly unlikely you’ll find a better expression than this one

an expression of what, what is this English phrase mean?

Dig a hole in the garden and get grilling

Que?

don't squash them together too much.

what is too much?

on a medium-high heat with a lug of oil

Lug means ear or to carry in the dictionary

then season to perfection.

How?

grill on a hot barbecue, in a screaming hot griddle pan or under a hot grill, turning until it's very golden and gnarly on all sides

What is screaming hot, what is gnarly?

squeeze some jammy lemons over the curry

what is a jammy lemon?

Here’s a nice little game-changer

what is this game-changer?

i still don´t know what a jammy lemon is or why parathas are game-changers.what the hell is Jamie on about?

the curry was OK but far too jammy lemony, by the way.
    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

It's probably the wrong end of Essex for me. Bishops Stortford or Saffron Walden people might be able to confirm that he appears to be speaking 'geezer', a brash, often nonsensical dialect perhaps more appropriate to a market stall or second hand car lot than the written word. I can do that voice, but I haven't done it much since Mike Reid died.
    SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

I haven't done anything much since Mike Reid died.
      "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
        It's probably the wrong end of Essex for me. Bishops Stortford or Saffron Walden people might be able to confirm that he appears to be speaking 'geezer', a brash, often nonsensical dialect perhaps more appropriate to a market stall or second hand car lot than the written word. I can do that voice, but I haven't done it much since Mike Reid died.
        if it was geezer surely he´d say fack a lot more.
        it appears to be a sub-dialect of its own, and like Eskimos and snow, has numerous terms for "pukka"
        that's what I told my partner in the end. "If you don´t understand it, it almost certainly means cojonudo."

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
          I haven't done anything much since Mike Reid died.

Comment

Babycart you need one of these:

http://www.musicstack.com/item/151797699
            some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

When I first saw this thread I started to wonder if maybe I speak in my own language that is hard to understand..But I was relieved to find out this is about Mr. Oliver and not me.
              See, you don't get those haircuts on your mp3s.

Comment

I suspect this recipe may in fact be the work of a teenage 'intern' on minimum wage merely copying a recipe from a Delia Smith cookbook via a random 'mockney' generator app while their multi-millionaire boss heads into the city to buy more cocaine.

Apparently, Jamie Oliver is from Clavering in Essex (safely beyond the range of the Bow bells, even using AC/DC's sound system) so perhaps that is what we should call this pitiful affliction, as in ;

'What is Jamie talking about? I don't understand a word of it'....

'Don't worry Babycart, he's just clavering....'
                you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

Originally posted by giantchicken View Post
                  I suspect this recipe may in fact be the work of a teenage 'intern' on minimum wage merely copying a recipe from a Delia Smith cookbook via a random 'mockney' generator app while their multi-millionaire boss heads into the city to buy more cocaine.
                  Yes, this sounds right to me.

BEFORE: Take two eggs, break into a glass bowl and beat gently.

AFTER: Grab a couple of jammy Mystic Megs and smash em all up in a luvverly glarse bowl. then beat them to pukka perfection til they´re proper gnarly .You don´t want to overdo it, though, so Easy Tiger!
                  Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

http://stanthewineman.com/wp/?p=815

Comment

Have to say, even though I've got a Trade Union background, if I could get a job punching Jamie Oliver in the face, I'd waive all employment rights allowing me a dinner break or annual leave.

And I'd probably do it for minimum wage.
                      Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Benicio Del Toffo View Post
                        Have to say, even though I've got a Trade Union background, if I could get a job punching Jamie Oliver in the face, I'd waive all employment rights allowing me a dinner break or annual leave.

And I'd probably do it for minimum wage.
                        Why's that then?
                        some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by medlar View Post
                          Why's that then?

Gertcha, Prawn Sarnie Utd!
                          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post

Gertcha, Prawn Sarnie Utd!
                            ha ha ha keeping it real for 2014

Comment

Working...
                            X