Numptie tries to change avatar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numptie tries to change avatar

Right, so, I found where to change my avatar in settings and have uploaded an image into photobucket.... I am a luddite but I've managed it before.

It asks for the url of the image, which has to be one of the bits of info under the picture in photobucket - but no, it doesn't like anyone of them.

What am I doing wrong oh wise users of the interweb?
    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
    Right, so, I found where to change my avatar in settings and have uploaded an image into photobucket.... I am a luddite but I've managed it before.

It asks for the url of the image, which has to be one of the bits of info under the picture in photobucket - but no, it doesn't like anyone of them.

What am I doing wrong oh wise users of the interweb?
    Could be the image is too big to use as an avatar? This is the max allowed:

"Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 120 by 120 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller)."

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
      Could be the image is too big to use as an avatar? This is the max allowed:

"Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 120 by 120 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller)."
      It could be I suppose ... it's only a photo I took with a pretty standard digital camera... which has been trimmed down. Would that be likely with that? Thanks for your response BTW...
      In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

It could be I suppose ... it's only a photo I took with a pretty standard digital camera... which has been trimmed down. Would that be likely with that? Thanks for your response BTW...
        My camera takes 4000x3000 pixel size image - resulting in circa 5mbytes size images - so even a trimmed down image my still be way over the max allowed.

Try saving your image as a .png or .gif instead as this may reduce the image size.

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
          My camera takes 4000x3000 pixel size image - resulting in circa 5mbytes size images - so even a trimmed down image my still be way over the max allowed.

Try saving your image as a .png or .gif instead as this may reduce the image size.
          Okay... how do I do that? Thanks again for your reply.
          In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Okay... how do I do that? Thanks again for your reply.
            Any graphics/image related program should do the trick e.g. paint, do "file save as", select either gif or png formats.

Comment

Working...
            X