Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Numptie tries to change avatar

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Numptie tries to change avatar

    Right, so, I found where to change my avatar in settings and have uploaded an image into photobucket.... I am a luddite but I've managed it before.

    It asks for the url of the image, which has to be one of the bits of info under the picture in photobucket - but no, it doesn't like anyone of them.

    What am I doing wrong oh wise users of the interweb?
    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

    Eclectic Mud



  • #2
    Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
    Right, so, I found where to change my avatar in settings and have uploaded an image into photobucket.... I am a luddite but I've managed it before.

    It asks for the url of the image, which has to be one of the bits of info under the picture in photobucket - but no, it doesn't like anyone of them.

    What am I doing wrong oh wise users of the interweb?
    Could be the image is too big to use as an avatar? This is the max allowed:

    "Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 120 by 120 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller)."

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
      Could be the image is too big to use as an avatar? This is the max allowed:

      "Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 120 by 120 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller)."
      It could be I suppose ... it's only a photo I took with a pretty standard digital camera... which has been trimmed down. Would that be likely with that? Thanks for your response BTW...
      In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

      Eclectic Mud


      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
        It could be I suppose ... it's only a photo I took with a pretty standard digital camera... which has been trimmed down. Would that be likely with that? Thanks for your response BTW...
        My camera takes 4000x3000 pixel size image - resulting in circa 5mbytes size images - so even a trimmed down image my still be way over the max allowed.

        Try saving your image as a .png or .gif instead as this may reduce the image size.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
          My camera takes 4000x3000 pixel size image - resulting in circa 5mbytes size images - so even a trimmed down image my still be way over the max allowed.

          Try saving your image as a .png or .gif instead as this may reduce the image size.
          Okay... how do I do that? Thanks again for your reply.
          In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

          Eclectic Mud


          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
            Okay... how do I do that? Thanks again for your reply.
            Any graphics/image related program should do the trick e.g. paint, do "file save as", select either gif or png formats.

            Comment

            Working...
            X