X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Bin 70s euro trash DVD

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-Bitch-...f=pd_cp_d_h__0

Bargain
    Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Thanks mate, bagged. Also some other interesting Arrow titles up there for buttons. 'The Night Child' is also worth a watch, and 'Dead End Drive In' is also great.

'Penitentiary' looked promising, but instead I picked up Que La Bete Meure, Midnight, Don't Go In The House and Deadly Spawn as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Viva Chiba View Post
      Thanks mate, bagged. Also some other interesting Arrow titles up there for buttons. 'The Night Child' is also worth a watch, and 'Dead End Drive In' is also great.

'Penitentiary' looked promising, but instead I picked up Que La Bete Meure, Midnight, Don't Go In The House and Deadly Spawn as well.
      I hadn't realised it was 4 for a tenner which is great. I got Dead End Drive In, Midnight and Don't Go in The House (probably hoping it will be like the grindhouse trailer "Don't"). The Argento ones in the offer are well worthwhile to anyone who doesn't have them. I already had Deep Red and Bird With Crystal Plummage but was happy to get Cat Of Nine Tails for cheap.

Might go for a second bite too. Exterminator and Pin look really interesting. Tempted by Commander, a Lewis Collins macarnoni combat flick. Though it is apparently the least good of the three he did but the others are at least twice the price and probably all similar enough.

I have the old Vipco release of Deadly Spawn and I was never a fan of Gremlins so it didn't do a lot for me. But for kids vs monsters its a very decent flick. Actually it may have been returned to the wild.
      Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

I really like DEADLY SPAWN - such fun homemade FX.

PIN is great too, pretty slow but very creepy. Love that sort of quietly eccentric gear.... EXTERMINATOR is a bit if a classic, not my fave of the "revenge" flicks though - ROLLING THUNDER Is my number one - love that film!
        Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by pencilface View Post
          ROLLING THUNDER Is my number one - love that film!
          Me too. My favourite bit is when Devane goes to get Tommy Lee Jones to help him kill a load of people - Jones doesn't hesitate for a nanosecond, just gets his bag. hoping to show it soon at Phantom Cinema.
          SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Do it! We did a revenge double: that b/w "they call her one eye"... People seemed to dig it.

"Walking Tall" would be good too... You love Joe Don Baker don't you?
            Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

I do love Joe Don Baker, yes. So many good action films from that era, you could do double bills for weeks.
              SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
                Me too. My favourite bit is when Devane goes to get Tommy Lee Jones to help him kill a load of people - Jones doesn't hesitate for a nanosecond, just gets his bag. hoping to show it soon at Phantom Cinema.
                Watched it last night, they don't make 'em like they used to! Thanks for the tip guys. Agreed on the 'I'll get my gear' line - the moment the audience (and TLJ) has been waiting for!
                MUSHRUMPS Daily party-prog MP3 blog

Comment

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
                  I've recently stumbled upon it via a Will Oldham/Matt Sweeney song that samples it. I saw them a couple of weeks ago and dug out the Superwolf lp and got totally obsessed with 'Blood Embrace' which features dialogue from it.

Going to watch it tonight hopefully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JDaBRVy4ek
                  http://www.matpringle.co.uk

Comment

I recognised that sample when I first saw the film too - heart wrenching scene that...

That Superwolf album is so good! Maybe my favourite Bonnie Billy release? Don 't know much about Tim Sweeny though...
                    Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by pencilface View Post
                      I recognised that sample when I first saw the film too - heart wrenching scene that...

That Superwolf album is so good! Maybe my favourite Bonnie Billy release? Don 't know much about Tim Sweeny though...
                      Superwolf is amazing - I didn't notice that sample when watching the film. My other favourite Will Oldham is the covers album with Tortoise - still play it totally regularly.

Matt Sweeney presents a very good fun documentary series about guitars for Vice TV: http://noisey.vice.com/en_uk/guitar-moves
                      MUSHRUMPS Daily party-prog MP3 blog

Comment

Working...
                      X