Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TFI friday

Anyone see the show on Friday?
    and all the 90s nostalgia also on the tv?

was good to be reminded about the program, id totally forgot about it.
    But Blur were awfull.
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

Enjoyed it more than I thought I would, until they hit the weird last half hour with Lewis Hamilton and his mum's mobility scooter, and it descended into Evans' Top Gear audition. Odd end to the whole thing.

Blur did look like they weren't that bothered. Damon had a sore throat apparently? Music was terrible throughout.

Comment

Originally posted by bennyboy View Post
      Enjoyed it more than I thought I would, until they hit the weird last half hour with Lewis Hamilton and his mum's mobility scooter, and it descended into Evans' Top Gear audition. Odd end to the whole thing.

Blur did look like they weren't that bothered. Damon had a sore throat apparently? Music was terrible throughout.
      I'd forgotten just how much of a self-regarding cock Chris Evans is. And, yes, shameless Top Gear positioning for Evans and Grimshaw's presence hinted at him taking on the host role for a revamped TFI Friday, which Evans is apparently going to resurrect since he owns the format and doesn't have enough Ferraris.

Comment

Originally posted by peretti View Post
        I'd forgotten just how much of a self-regarding cock Chris Evans is. And, yes, shameless Top Gear positioning for Evans and Grimshaw's presence hinted at him taking on the host role for a revamped TFI Friday, which Evans is apparently going to resurrect since he owns the format and doesn't have enough Ferraris.
        Watched it with Mrs E on Saturday night
        I hadn't realised how much of it I'd forgotten or maybe just hadn't seen!
        From the perspective of 2015 it seemed to encapsulate the please-with-itself lad culture of the late 90s - "isn't it fun to break something" "isn't it fun to be drunk" "isn't it fun to do anything you want with no regard to the consequences" (although Evans did have to leave the show because of his heavy drinking)
        And all of the celebrity pal's chumminess really grated on me - especially as lots of them seem to have gravitated towards a very establishment position these days
        We turned it off after about half and hour - and that was apparently the best of it!!!!
        "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

I always detested Chris Evans and that show. In the mid to late 90s, CE seemed to always be on the telly or everywhere in fact, like s**t in a field, with his 'orrible whiny nasal voice, cretinous programmes and crowd of studio morons.

I think what really turned me off was the dreadful music like Ocean bloody colour scene that always seemed to be on there.
          "THIS IS A FINE TAPE AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR WHEN THE MUSIC WORLD WAS GOOD AND NOT FOULED UP BY THE LONG HAIR SCURVES WHO JUST BEAT WILDLY ON ANYTHING AND COME UP WITH A LOT OF STUPID NOISE THat only damnfools and liars say they like it"

Comment

Well, looks like it worked anyway.

Comment

Got a friend who went on this with a semi-famous indie act back in the day. He said everyone there bands, crew etc were wasted on coke and booze from about 10am onwards, it blew his mind he said.
              Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

Originally posted by eclectiktronik View Post
                I always detested Chris Evans and that show. In the mid to late 90s, CE seemed to always be on the telly or everywhere in fact, like s**t in a field, with his 'orrible whiny nasal voice, cretinous programmes and crowd of studio morons.

And as for appropriating this fantastic TV theme for his own uses, he deserves to do time...

Comment

It was still on when I left the UK in 2000, and it was terrible. Reviving it reeks of desperation.
                  I was surprised that they recently announced the end of Never Mind the Buzzcocks, too. I assumed that had been put out of its embarrassing death throes years ago.
                  I come back to visit and it´s all Dr Who and Come Dancing. British TV still reckons it´s ace but I never find much to watch when I come home.
                  Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X