Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agnes_Guano
    replied
    A kipper tie is what midlanders drink with their biscuits.

Leave a comment:

• babycart
    replied
    It´s a peaky blinder hat, with a razor blade sewn in.

The gangs were known to have a distinctive clothing style, wearing the peaked caps, cravats and bell-bottom trousers, while "a line of brass buttons down the front gave added distinction"

The Wikipedia entry does not specify whether the buttons were on a top hat or not.

Leave a comment:

• peretti
    replied
    I think it's an Edwardian motoring cap. And yes, Toad from The Wind In The Willows is my only reference point, since you ask.

Next.

Leave a comment:

• ginghamkitchen
    replied
    I think it is a newsboy or bakers boy cap, especially if it has a button on top but, yes, you're right, it does look a little unusual. I have two theories: the first is that, in the spirit of the age, we have a FLARED cap (see also Gilbert O'Sullivan) or, perhaps less fancifully, that Noddy's great wodge of wiry hair is either distorting the shape or has forced him into buying a bigger size.

Leave a comment:

• jakartajive
    started a topic Hat query

Hat query

Can anyone settle an argument and confirm the exact kind of hat Noddy Holder is wearing in this picture?
    Like a Baker's Boy hat but not a Baker's Boy hat is the nearest I've been able to get!
    Anyone?

Working...
X