Just cutting my grass.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just cutting my grass.

That's it. December 20th; cutting the damn grass!
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

I was thinking along similar lines this morning. Crazy.
    On Friday I went to prune a hornbeam. Couldn't do it, there was a pigeon sitting on two eggs. Never had nesting birds in December before.
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Bought some heathers the other week to fill some pots through the winter. Trouble is the geraniums, osteospernums, begonias, lobelia are still going strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
        That's it. December 20th; cutting the damn grass!
        Ditto! Mad or what? Mowed Saturday and Sunday afternoon. Hoping to finish this afternoon before it rains.
        Annoyed in one way, because it takes ages to do and I was glad four weeks ago thinking 'That's it for the year.'

But I'm pleased it's woken up my arm, back and leg muscles again. Feels like Spring.
        <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Townsend View Post

But I'm pleased it's woken up my arm, back and leg muscles again.:
          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Fuchsia bacillaris flowering in my garden at the moment.

"You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

I'm sure there are people who are glad that it's unseasonably warm and damp. I'm not among them. There's something very profound about winter. The plants dying down, trees slowing down, the earth seeming to slow down I suppose. It's all still too busy for me. Creature of habit I suppose. I miss the crunchy "deep and crisp and even", night time walks under the clear skies. I like the cold on my (face) cheeks, and getting home and lighting a fire. This year it's just bland. Hope it's a temporary blip.
              Having said that, your Fuschia is rather special SK. I've got primroses out. I know it can't be wrong, it's nature, it just doesn't feel "right".

Comment

Faint aroma of cigars and weed in the air?

Comment

Mow the lawn be buggered, but these pansies I put in late summer for next year haven't realised it's December either

North of the River Cole

Comment

Saw my first snowdrop today, South London
                    some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

A goldfinch briefly visited the garden today - lovely red face mask and bright yellow bits on the wings. Never seen one in the garden before. According to the RSPB site they usually migrate for winter. He went before I could grab my camera

North of the River Cole

Comment

Originally posted by RedX View Post
                        A goldfinch briefly visited the garden today - lovely red face mask and bright yellow bits on the wings. Never seen one in the garden before. According to the RSPB site they usually migrate for winter. He went before I could grab my camera

Where do curlews normally habituate, moorland? Reason I ask is there was an injured one in Leeds City centre this morning cowering in a shop doorway. Very strange.
                        record licker

Comment

Curlews are waders so they are normally on the coast but I've seen them way land in the Dales on flooded farmland so it was probably drawn into Leeds by the floods I guess. From the air a lot of the city would have looked like a river delta.
                          Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

Originally posted by RedX View Post

Get yourself some niger seed and a feeder. They'll find it. We used to have a gang of them....until the sparrowhawk got wise to it So site it accordingly if you do.

Comment

i have just done mine! and its sunny outside.
                              where has the winter gone?
                              instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Working...
                              X