• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • giantchicken
    Ugly Custard
    • Sep 2009

Phot........o..........buc....ket......

Dear all,

I'm itching to post some of my wonderful, ra-er, extremely valuable and significant finds* on the said thread, but find I can't even get photobucket to open so I can even see any photos, let alone upload any new ones.....it's woefully slow and all I get to see is any number of variations on what I call 'the blue cheerio of death'. Autotrader is much the same. Anyone else having these issues? Any advice? Something to do with ads I reckon...

I should have listened when the other chickens told me to steer clear of anything called 'bucket"......

*fake news
    you can hear colours when they rhyme...
  • Shere Khan
    Lonely Jelly
    • Apr 2013

Photobucket is slow but I still use it. I had to disable my adblock on photobucket to get it to work. Once I did that it was okay- slow, but okay. People say Imagur is good.
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

• giantchicken
      Ugly Custard
      • Sep 2009

Thanks SK. Yes, slow is the default but it does usually work. Just rebooted and got in - but although the folders have (22) or summat to show how many pics they contain entry reveals only 'the folder is empty' or lots of 'removed or deleted' icons. I don't consciously use an adblocker but it's possible some of my security software has made an executive decision on my behalf....or maybe it's Vladimir Putin and his mates again...might give imagur a go, cheers....

Comment

• giantchicken
        Ugly Custard
        • Sep 2009

Hmmm....I'm taking it that you're recommending imgsafe.org then TE? Thanks for that.

Comment

• bennyboy
          Electric Prunes
          • Jun 2007

I use imgur - quick and easy, and gives sizes to use.

Comment

• giantchicken
            Ugly Custard
            • Sep 2009

Thanks again for your advice gents. I took a peek at photobucket via my office pc today and right up to mid-afternoon it was showing my entire photostash as deleted, leaving those unsightly 'cross' in a box symbols all over our splendid domain. Checked in again from home this evening and suddenly they're all back and photobucket is working in it's usual ponderous and treacle-y manner.

Sorry for the fuss, perhaps it's time to make a change anyway....
            Last edited by giantchicken; 18-01-2017, 10:21 PM. Reason: damning with faint praise

Comment

• Milesago
              Electric Prunes
              • Jan 2006

Be aware that imgsafe does not allow you to delete photos.
              Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

• Grim Lounge Cowboy
                Lonely Jelly
                • May 2014

Recently - a virus on the home PC.

Now fixed, it would seem. The fixing threw up some other things.

Has anyone here had cause to eye Fotobuchet suspiciously?

I should say that the PC guy was vague as to exactly what other things were there. And the only reason I have to think of Fotobuchet is that using it has been one of my few significant breaks from a very limited web-routine.

Comment

• giantchicken
                  Ugly Custard
                  • Sep 2009

I followed the advice here and moved to imgur.com - I'm certainly not regretting it...

Comment

• candiman
                    Electric Prunes
                    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by giantchicken View Post
                    I followed the advice here and moved to imgur.com - I'm certainly not regretting it...
                    Me too. Imgur rules! So quick and easy. (Although I guess I should pay more attention to sizing)

Comment

Working...
                    X