Synchronicity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synchronicity

Holy shit... two Acker Bilk albums charted in the one month?

Maybe its because I am an american, but who is/are Acker Bilk?

PS Formigo I've always meant to ask you about your avatar, what is the story with that picture?

I can't think of anymore questions but if I do I'll keep ya posted.

Comment

oh yeah, one more...

...mmmm nevermind

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (the funky guzzo @ Oct. 01 2003,08:48)]Maybe its because I am an american, but who is/are Acker Bilk?

Your starter for 10, guzzo......

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll

And you'ld see him regular on all the Chat Shows through the late 70's, performing 'Stranger on the Shore'. Always wearing a nasty silk pink or white shirt with a waistcoat, and occasionally wearing a bowler hat.

Comment

Stranger on the Shore was the first simultaneous UK and US number 1, fact fans.

Comment

..and Alan Tew arranged some of his stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Belson @ Oct. 01 2003,00:52)]http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll

And you'ld see him regular on all the Chat Shows through the late 70's, performing 'Stranger on the Shore'. Always wearing a nasty silk pink or white shirt with a waistcoat, and occasionally wearing a bowler hat.
              Ah ha, that mystery is solved, thanks Belson.

So now on to the other mystery...Formigo whats the story??

Comment

I wondered about the mysterious Formigo avator until I laid hands on the 'Teen Dance Music from China & Malaysia' CD, where it appears, apparently lifted from a Stylers record sleeve... But maybe that just muddies the water even more
                a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

And I want to know what's written, reflected in the lense of the shades of your avatar Wayne???

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Pay attention Hero, it's the sleeve of a polish album that Wayne charted a few months ago, so it willl say something like 'Wtkzyowzawegfldfhgidbzsdgk'

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (bongolia @ Oct. 01 2003,14:02)]'Wtkzyowzawegfldfhgidbzsdgk'
                      Not far off...'Kotobrzeg 74: Premiery 1' which I gather is/was a Polish annual song festival. Nice cover, but only a one-track LP...
                      a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (wayne @ Oct. 02 2003,03:37)]I wondered about the mysterious Formigo avator until I laid hands on the 'Teen Dance Music from China & Malaysia' CD, where it appears, apparently lifted from a Stylers record sleeve... But maybe that just muddies the water even more
                        Yep, I've been outed before I could reply. Sharp work Wayne.

When the board was upgraded I thought I might change my avatar into a different dorky looking dude of a record every month or so but I've become sort of attached to the Stylers guy.

However now that I've been outed maybe I should flip to some obscure NZ steezie... you'll all be sorry if you have to start enduring kiwipianoklaus Jack Thompson's horrific mug adorning my every post... oof...

The motherlode of dorky-looking dudes on the back of records has gotta be Chase S/T however... check it out sometime for a chuckle (I pillaged this one for a flyer a way back - I have a bad habit of putting dorky looking dudes on my flyers instead of pretty girls, so no-one ever comes to my gigs - but I feel it's a more honest representation of DJ culture anyway)

Comment

Working...
                        X