Lets all chant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets all chant

As well as Acker Bilk I was most interested to see Formigo charting Golden Avatar's "A Change Of Heart" partly 'cos I;ve wondered if the entire print run ended up in Ireland as its pretty common here. I even have a copy to trade as I bought a new one with a cover in good condition as the copy I had was slightly tatty and worn.

Formigo's spot on about the best tracks too. They remind a bit of Mu the Merril Fankhauser/Jeff Cotton (ex-Beefheart's Magic Band) group that lived on hawaii and sang about the saucer people.
    Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

i need to mint up mine, since it skips on the last and best track. it's common everywhere i think! there was a thread about these Hare Krishna records. Rasa - Everything i See Is You is probably the funkiest, but in a late 70s kind of way. the Goddess of Fortune one produced by George Harrison is listenable strings and choir stuff.

'Time for Going Home' reminds me a bit of things like the Moody Blues 'In Search of the Lost Chord' in instrumentation and hippy subject matter.

Comment

recently picked up another pressing of this type, on Govinda records (possibly, forgot the title). it's got the usual load of cobblers chants for most fo the album and then suddenly goes into a nutty moog funk breakdown track, really uptempo! very odd. might bring it up to Brillo.
      http://www.blaxploitation.com
      Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

wouldn't be the J.O.B Orchestra by any chance ? "I don't want that illusion" was played on the "Modern" soul scene by certain DJ's
        SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (emperor tomato ketchup @ Oct. 01 2003,14:49)]As well as Acker Bilk I was most interested to see Formigo charting Golden Avatar's "A Change Of Heart" partly 'cos I;ve wondered if the entire print run ended up in Ireland as its pretty common here.
          It's actually against the law here to open a charity shop without a copy of this on the premises.
          Endless Tripe

Comment

What about "Night & Daydream" which judging by the cover (especially the list of star musicians who get a namecheck, possibly in the hope of fooling punters into believeing they had something to do with the record) is similar fare to Golden Avatar?
            It seems almost as common, but I have never picked it up. Is it any cop?
            It ain't shakey

Comment

no. avoid! a no-tracker!

the list of musicians are all people who have given money to various spiritual causes i think, since it's people like Alice Coltrane and George Harrison

Comment

Oh God, not the Golden Avatars again! I expected to see you on this thread, Bongolia, as you insisted on playing one of them nut tunes to finish up the last Brillo if I remember correctly... just kidding, it wasn't that bad... well maybe it was!
                http://wakeupanddie.com
                http://weirdgearnyc.com
                http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

I don't think my spare copy could really be described as mint but I am pretty sure it plays fine with just some background crackle not real damage. I can check the track in question if you fancy. Sleeve is a bit tatty too.
                  Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

cheers for the offer, but i don't think it's worth posting, espcially not from Ireland. i'm only waiting because I want to pay 50p max for it, and i keep seeing it at a whole pound!

Comment

I palyed it last nites and its absolutely fine - postage isn;t always an issue so you can bear it in mind if you don;t find one.

John Peel

Comment

Yeah, though I'd never noticed this before when I got it, I have seen two copies since (that's within a month or so) so it could be that I just wasn't "seeing" it before.

Anyway it seems the brothers and sisters conspired to distribute this all over the world - NZ pressings have a note on the back (I paraphrase): "Interested parties please contact Mt. Albert Centre for Krishna Consciousness for more information".

Comment

Working...
                        X