Buy the new lp by toolshed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy the new lp by toolshed

Just read the Unkle thread below. I dont't check that much 'new' music but would strongly recommend the new EP by toolshed. It's mega, spaced out jazz with mad vocals. Sun Ra, Morricone & John McLaughlin covers as well as sume fantastic orig.'s The LP will also be mega.
    I DJ'ed at a recent gig & they are a fantastic live spectacle. If your thinking 'bout buying any new music stick your hard earned pennies in this direction, not at the aforementioned Unkle. (Even though i aint heard it or even thought about listenin' to it!&#33
    You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

I'm really looking forward to this. I went out to lunch with Graham last time I was up in Mancunia. I still haven't heard them (I'm not sure if they've played outside Manchester yet). He's well into his Gong and proggy stuff.
    http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Might well check that out. I bought Martina Topley-Bird's CD the other day, largely because of the Queens of the Stone Age connection (Homme and Lanegan feature on one of the tracks). Thank God Fopp have a 'suck it and see' policy.

IMHO it's a dogshit CD, like Morcheeba but pretentious! Not that I want to offend anyone who may like Morcheeba, but I still have some youth and vitality and don't want to be listening to that kind of thing until they fit my colostomy bag.

So, Martina's CD went back to Fopp and was replaced by the Mars Volta CD. Now, that's more fucking like it!! If any of you heard At The Drive In (the band from whence Mars Volta come), just imagine them tamed a bit, with some prog thrown in. Wicked. Not for everyone, but more and more, I find rock is where I'm headed!

That said, I was chuffed to find that Sound Book Vol 1 in Selectadisc second-hand on Tuesday, been looking for that for a while.

Sorry for not making it with a chart, I got bored of waiting for this PC to upload the pissing photo attachments and fucked the idea off altogether. I'll plan ahead next time!

Benicio
      Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Have you guys checked 'super numeri' on ninja tune? It smacks of art college shite but some of it is really decent progressive rock with jazz mixed in there. I saw them at the jazz cafe and it was totally unsuited to their style - perfect for the big chill...but a shitty club...no chance!
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Okay first UNKLE start making cheesy Healy style house. Then Martina Topley Bird gets compared to Morcheeba. And then prog rock mixed with jazz gets touted as a good thing. The four horsemen are coming. The end is nigh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (BoneyVotel @ Oct. 01 2003,18:14)]Just read the Unkle thread below. I dont&#39;t check that much &#39;new&#39; music but would strongly recommend the new EP by toolshed. It&#39;s mega, spaced out jazz with mad vocals. Sun Ra, Morricone &amp; John McLaughlin covers as well as sume fantastic orig.&#39;s The LP will also be mega.
            I DJ&#39;ed at a recent gig &amp; they are a fantastic live spectacle. If your thinking &#39;bout buying any new music stick your hard earned pennies in this direction, not at the aforementioned Unkle. (Even though i aint heard it or even thought about listenin&#39; to it&#33;&#33  
            yeah,toolshed are amazing&#33;&#33; well worth seeing live...

Comment

Working...
            X