I'm com'um home in the morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm com'um home in the morning

Any one know how I would tell a 70's pressing / bootleg of this northern stormer by LOU PRIDE, from the Orig.
    I've been check though some of my doubles & always considered both of my copies to be pressings, but on inspection the lable designs are different type settings & lay out. The texture of the lable also differs, one sjiny one matt. I still think that they are both pressings, but if any one could assist or point me to a conclusion i'd be very thankful. Usful tips such as rubbiing the lable, rubbing' it against the enamel of your teeth! ala David Dickinson  & the like, greatly appreciated.
    Also has The Crow - Your Autumn of Tomorrow on Right On had a recent reissue? Ive recenly picked up 2 minters in the company sleeve from a pile of otherwise recent funk stuff (ie Soul Fire, Daptone...)

You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (BoneyVotel @ Oct. 02 2003,10:43)]Any one know how I would tell a 70's pressing / bootleg of this northern stormer by LOU PRIDE, from the Orig.
    I've been check though some of my doubles & always considered both of my copies to be pressings, but on inspection the lable designs are different type settings & lay out. The texture of the lable also differs, one sjiny one matt. I still think that they are both pressings, but if any one could assist or point me to a conclusion i'd be very thankful. Usful tips such as rubbiing the lable, rubbing' it against the enamel of your teeth! ala David Dickinson  & the like, greatly appreciated.
    Also has The Crow - Your Autumn of Tomorrow on Right On had a recent reissue? Ive recenly picked up 2 minters in the company sleeve from a pile of otherwise recent funk stuff (ie Soul Fire, Daptone...)

Its probably been booted more than once. See if you can find a shop that stocks "Manship's Guide" for chapter and verse.

A rule of thumb that someone told me is that boots quite often don't have that dip before the centre hole.

Also a six figure delta number on a recording from the mid 60s would indicate it was a later pressing. (Maybe not much help with Lou Pride which came out in about about 1970 at a guess....)
    Endless Tripe

Comment

All the booties ive seen of this are either styrene (with orig label design) or they are on a different label design. You can tell an orig suemi cause they are all on nice (rolls royce) vinyl as i remember and the label is lovely and not as dark as the bootlegs. I think its a funk track too i think and should be played as such.

Comment

Working...
      X