Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulture reissues

A little more schmoozing for the Licorice Soul massive:
    Well done lads, I see that LSD 01 is now readily available on the streets of Tokyo, and a proper cracking listen it is too.
    Ed mentioned the idea of getting some kind of subscription club together for future releases. I think this is a splendid idea and would be only too happy to sign up.

Secondly, Sermad, did I get the wrong end of the stick, or were you on the verge of re-issuing The Hanged Man a couple of months ago? How's this going? Will it be in the shops in time for christmas?

You see, the charity shops round these parts are a bit dry and I'm having to resort to new vinyl.
    It ain't shakey

dry? beat up Rich when you see him since he must be grabbing all the FUNKYSCIENCEPARKCHARITYCASTOFFSRARE ahead of you.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (bongolia @ Oct. 03 2003,16:47)]dry? beat up Rich when you see him since he must be grabbing all the FUNKYSCIENCEPARKCHARITYCASTOFFSRARE ahead of you.
      Ah, but I'm in Saffron Walden.  So far it has yielded -

That Salsoul LP I mentioned in the other thread...
      A Marble Arch 'Late Night Listening' LP with a shot of the moon on the cover and 'San Francisco' from 'The Dolly Catcher' in the grooves...
      Another 'Disco Dynamite'...
      Some Bert Kaempfert LP with a couple of very easy but passable tracks...
      A Franck Pourcel LP...
      Another 'Most Of...' comp from MFP with 'Superlungs' and 'Whole Lotta Love' on...
      And another Soul II Soul 45 that I immediately mislaid.  

Oh, and the postie keeps bringing nice stuff too.

So come down to Essex Dr. Kraken!
      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Not reissuing hanged man but the drama suites. Currently the project is progressing nicely - It was all ready to go to press but then the masters were not up to standards so a secret person is making them all lovely(ier). Xmas for sure.

Hopefully another BIG library release next year. Maybe gentle rain. Dum de dum. A surf OST. er anyone got any ideas. I'm all out!
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Okay, not dry exactly, but a slow turnover. I had a happy day rounding up all the copies of Hammond Gold plus some pretty interesting bits:
          Norman Candler does a mooged up Heaven On Their Minds,
          Max Greger does Rock &amp; Roll Part 2 and a moog-free Popcorn, Don Kirshner cuts Hair (surely there must be more than two Hair puns out there)
          Choralana, a bunch of God Botherers who hint at funkiness throughout the album and then let rip on a fruity clavi-groove on the final track,
          Memphis Underground (but at Oxfam price, which wasn&#39;t bad really)
          ... oh and that Chaquito compilation (do you still need that? ... and since these brackets enclose a private conversation between Bongolia and myself... you might find Della Reece at the Playboy Club at that chazzer that says all records £2 but is in fact £1 ) ... but since then, not a sniff.

So go on then Rich, how has Essex been treating you?
          It ain&#39;t shakey

Comment

Bloody hell, I was a bit slow typing that. This is going to look a bit odd with Rich&#39;s reply preceeding the question by two posts.

Thanks for the info Serms, good luck with the project.
            It ain&#39;t shakey

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (dr kraken @ Oct. 03 2003,17:15)]So go on then Rich, how has Essex been treating you?
              Sounds like you&#39;re doing better than me&#33;  That Don Kirshner, Herbie Mann (?) and Choralerna would make me happy. But there&#39;s a bootsale at Whittlesford tomorrow that I may just take a peek at if I can manage it on my way down to London...
              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

i went there again, and is definitely 2 quid&#33; unless we&#39;re talking about a different place. 2 quid doesn&#39;t sound bad for that though - got the HMV 45 the other weekend - very tasty indeed&#33;

Comment

Is Choral-whatsit well known then?
                  I hadn&#39;t heard about it before.
                  It ain&#39;t shakey

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (dr kraken @ Oct. 03 2003,17:31)]Is Choral-whatsit  well known then?
                    I&#39;ve never found one myself but Matt&#39;s picked up a couple. &#39;Power&#39; is the good track right?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Oct. 03 2003,17:37)]
                      Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (dr kraken @ Oct. 03 2003,17:31)]Is Choral-whatsit  well known then?
                      I&#39;ve never found one myself but Matt&#39;s picked up a couple. &#39;Power&#39; is the good track right?
                      Another bites the dust

There are several good cuts on there, but the 2nd half of &#39;God Gave Me A Song / Power&#39; (so, in fact &#39;Power&#39; ) is a break filled winner.

God bless Swedish Christian Rock.
                      Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (dr kraken @ Oct. 03 2003,16:19)]A little more schmoozing for the Licorice Soul massive:
                        Well done lads, I see that LSD 01 is now readily available on the streets of Tokyo, and a proper cracking listen it is too.
                        just a quick concurrence - I picked mine up here in melbourne, good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Oct. 03 2003,17:40)]Another    bites the dust

There are several good cuts on there, but the 2nd half of &#39;God Gave Me A Song / Power&#39; (so, in fact &#39;Power&#39; ) is a break filled winner.

God bless Swedish Christian Rock.
                          Heaven be praised... I was actually talking about a different record (but by the same bunch)...
                          Choralerna - Let There Be Light
                          The good track is &quot;Tell Me&quot;. Drums are pretty low in the mix though.
                          It ain&#39;t shakey

Comment

The Hanged Man is already reissued onto Vinyl by
                            Scorpio Music here in the US and for a few years now
                            it&#39;s been and still is available.

As with most all other Scorpio LP reissues, it&#39;s an exact
                            reissue of the Contour label release, except the sleeve
                            is super glossy, everything is exactly the same.
                            Date on labels, label color etc

It&#39;s usually around &#036;9.00 US

Jack

Comment

Working...
                            X