Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raise it up!

Hello people

Here we are again - it is once more time for the ever-expiring club catastrophe experience known to all as Raise it Up! For the fifth time in as many months, this is probably the last one we will ever ever do. Yes, we said that before, and meant it, but we haven't got round to telling the manager yet so now we have to do one more. Again.

Anyway, this is different, because we are celebrating Liams birthday. This means we have a fighting chance of actually getting some people to turn up. So why not join them, whoever they are, for London's finest (and I mean that) night of funk, hiphop, soul, reggae, afrobeat, ska, bashment, R+B, and whatever else we feel like playing. There will most likely be a guest spot from New Yorks finest export, Miss Shingaling, and there will definitely be a special guest in the form of our mate Dan, whose obsession with Big Daddy Kane means he will most likely be playing a Juice Crew tribute set of some kind.

Details: Raise It Up! The asylum, 1a Percy St., W1 (nearest tube tottenham ct rd), 8.30ish - 2ish, Free entry.

Go on, its actually really good, in music terms at least. I promise you'll hear music you've never heard. Raise It Up! - we're completely unprofessional. here's a top 10

Positive K - Nightshift (island)
    Lord Finesse - Yes You May remix (giant)
    The New Establishment - Hail Don D (Studio 1)
    Bobby Aiken - Kiss Bam-Bam (island)
    The Funkees - Ogbu Achara (HMV nigeria)
    Prof. Y and his B. B. Band - One Early Morning (Decca nigeria)
    Little Mary Staten - Stepping Stone (GME)
    Wille Tee - First Taste of Hurt (Gatur)
    MC Lyte - I cram to understand U (First Priority)
    Aaron Chico bailey and the Family Affair band - The Point (Kris)

You may have noticed that I omitted the date. This unprofessionalism stuff isn't easy you know.

anyway, its this coming thursday, 9th oct. maybe I'll see some of you there.

Comment

look, heres the details up to the top, if anyone is at a loose end after eds do, then come along, it should be alright... good muisc anyway, I'll get to play my suprising find of the day, UK issue Herman Hitson 'got that will'... £4? yes please.

Comment

Working...
      X