X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wooly
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Oct. 06 2003,14:06)]Within Collectables, there is a sub section called advertising. Lots of interesting things crop up there, especially advert 45's and flexis.
    a good bit of lateral thinking!!

Leave a comment:

• Matt Hero
    replied
    Within Collectables, there is a sub section called advertising. Lots of interesting things crop up there, especially advert 45's and flexis.

Leave a comment:

• wooly
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Oct. 06 2003,13:02)]I often peruse the 'Advertising' section on eBay,
    what's the "advertising" section, matt? i'm lost.

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    I got beat on the 'bay just yesterday for a copy of that very single (I forgot it was closing) - only 2 bids - me and the guy that won. It went for £16.00!

As for the vocal question - definitely a blend. Both of the tracks appear on one of those Product Placement bootleg comps.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Cope
    replied
    Yeah, I saw that too. I think Mark Res has lost the plot on that one. There is no way on Earth that 45 is worth anything near that amount...

Leave a comment:

• vibra
    replied
    No alternative versions to my knowledge - Vox Pop in Manc currently have a copy for £20, a far more reasonable dealer price.

Looks like a case of 'Product Placement Dementia' to me!

Leave a comment:

• Matt Hero
    started a topic 'it's the real thing' ?

'it's the real thing' ?

A little while back while out at the boots with LDJB & Colin Hero I picked up a copy of the above (backed with the New Seekers 'I'd Like To Buy....&#39 - a nice little find for 50p and I filed it in my 45 boxes and occasionally gave it a spin. In short thought nothing more about it.

Anyway, I noticed that a certain dealer know to many of us has a copy on his latest list for £100.

Now, he doesn't give cat numbers on his listings (tut tut), but I'm adamant this is the same 45 (CP 2601 I think), so what gives ? Have I massively underestimated the massive rarity of the 45 ?

I often peruse the 'Advertising' section on eBay, as there are interesting records there that don't get listed elsewhere and though I've never looked for this 45, I'm sure I've passed copies of it on there for a couple of quid on a regular basis....

Oh finally a question. The version used on 'Product Placement' would appear to be a vocal take using the same Raymonde backing (it is instrumental on the 45 that I have). Is this a blend of the vocal 'advert' version and the instrumental from the other 45, or is there a full length version with a vocal ?
Working...
X