Manu Dibango

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manu Dibango

I've already posted this on Soulstrut, just wondered if any one over here could help.

OK, bought a copy this weekend in London of the Manu Dibango 45 Dikalo with nice picture bag cover on Italian issue. The song is so heavy. Now I know that this is the same track as Salt Popcorn, anyone know why it was issued under 2 different titles. Also any one know what the issue I have is worth?
    Also found 2 of my holy grails this weekend, one for real cheap and the other for the most cash I've dropped on the Bay.

The cheap one I found on Gemm, it's the Hank Bagby Soultet lp, Mark Res had this on his list for min. bid £250, I found it for &#3624. For those of you that don't know, this is an awesome jazz lp.

The expensive one has been my top euro want for ages, it's the Plus lp on Pink Elephant. There is some really heavy funky jazz on here in the same vein as Placebo. This one cost me &#36200!!! Still cheap compared to UK dealer prices.

Anyone have an info on any of these??

Whoa!!! Is that the Plus LP with 'Put Everything Together' on llmod1 (or anything to do with 'that' Plus)? Can you bring it next month.
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

</span>
      Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] ]Quote: from llmod1 on 6:35 pm on April 13, 2003
      I've already posted this on Soulstrut, just wondered if any one over here could help.

OK, bought a copy this weekend in London of the Manu Dibango 45 Dikalo with nice picture bag cover on Italian issue. The song is so heavy. Now I know that this is the same track as Salt Popcorn, anyone know why it was issued under 2 different titles. Also any one know what the issue I have is worth?
      Also found 2 of my holy grails this weekend, one for real cheap and the other for the most cash I've dropped on the Bay.

The cheap one I found on Gemm, it's the Hank Bagby Soultet lp, Mark Res had this on his list for min. bid £250, I found it for &#3624. For those of you that don't know, this is an awesome jazz lp.

The expensive one has been my top euro want for ages, it's the Plus lp on Pink Elephant. There is some really heavy funky jazz on here in the same vein as Placebo. This one cost me &#36200!!! Still cheap compared to UK dealer prices.

Anyone have an info on any of these??

<span =''>
      Dikalo/Telemiso is one of my fav of him.

Is it the picture sleeve with him and his sax, or the one with the color drawing?

I've sold my copy on e-bay for 90 Euro's (picture of him and sax).

The reason salt popcorn is more expensive is just because of the bigdaddy article.

Comment

</span>
        Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] ]Quote: from pokester on 12:33 pm on April 14, 2003

The reason salt popcorn is more expensive is just because of the bigdaddy article.
        <span =''>

Not so sure about that - it's always been an expensive item as Salt Popcorn. First one I saw was Mr Darge's about 8 years ago, and it was involved in some sort of daft trade. I've rarely seen it for less than £300 when a copy shows.

I'm thinking that Salt Popcorn was French only and the OG, Dikalo was surrounding European territories and 2nd press - but that's a guess.

Comment

&quot;Dikalo&quot; came out in France in 1973. It was also released in Italy but with a differant cover. I don't think it was released anywhere else.

&quot;Salt Popcorn&quot; is the OG version and I think was France only.

records - one a week mixcloud
          records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

Dikalo came out in Canada too... And there's 2 different sleeves for Salt Popcorn, just to confuse matters.
            There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

Working...
            X