Dusk Fire reissue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DirtyWater View Post
    Went to Sounds of the Universe in Soho to make sure no copies have materialised. They haven't. The guy said it was sold out everywhere way before the official release, so unless you acted swiftly after getting an alert direct from Jazzman, I'm not sure how you're supposed to get a copy. Very frustrating.
    I don't want to upset you but it was also on bandcamp for at least a couple of weeks before Jazzman sent out their alerts. I didn't have the money then so it was fingers crossed after they sold out.
    It may have been a case of needing to recoup the money quickly after a huge outlay. I think it can be difficult to judge the interest for a project like this, too. It was dead cheap, but it wasn't cheap if you know what I mean.
    Last edited by Shere Khan; 12-12-2018, 01:06 PM.
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Never got the alert from jazzman either - pretty miffed.

Surely gauging interest in this can't have been that difficult. At least they could have decided the press quantity after an initial round of paid preorders?
      Personally I couldn't give a rats about it being limited edition, everything is these days, and I'm sure most people buying this are more interested in just finally being able to have a copy on vinyl.

Comment

Just had a look on Juno and it says 'coming soon'. Also limited to 1per customer.
        Back to Neuuuuuuuuuu!

Comment

Maybe amount recouped from this first issue will result in a re-press? These days, this seems to happen quite regularly when a label hits a winner.
          new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

On some websites it says release/shipping date is Dec 7, so maybe it’ll show up in a few places today? In the US, it seems to be available at Forced Exposure (though listed as low stock level).
            https://www.forcedexposure.com/Catal...MAN.106LP.html

Comment

Maybe soon this can be bought for one billion dollars from Discogs. Currently it is only 1000$ and in UK it goes for 1 million (new seller, no feedback)

Comment

Originally posted by Kurtis K View Post
                Maybe soon this can be bought for one billion dollars from Discogs. Currently it is only 1000$ and in UK it goes for 1 million (new seller, no feedback)

Yeah I saw that too. You'd think only 10 were pressed. I hope the lion's share haven't somehow ended up in the hands of flippers…

Comment

Loads more up on Discogs this morning, ranging from £8,000 to £400. Still nothing from Juno. How did the Best Thing Ever become the Most Annoying Thing Ever?

Comment

Why is it when you ask questions of labels . On why you didn't receive a notification. Or how someone on eBay had 10 available and selling them at an inflated price. Or will there be a re press there is radio silence. Nothing more annoying than being ignored. Why was there no pre ordering allowed. Don't usually have a rant on forums but must say the lack of communication this time has peed me right off.
                    rant over

Comment

Maybe Gerald is a bit overwhelmed at the moment? Small business at Christmas and all that. He's always responded to every email I've sent him over the years .... doesn't really help your rant I'm afraid ..... but I can vouch that it's not the norm.
                      Last edited by el sporto; 11-12-2018, 09:53 PM.
                      A Sound Awareness

Comment

Well it was up for pre-order on jazzman's bandcamp for at least a couple of weeks at the end of october until earlyish november (albeit about 15% more expensive due to handling fees, they outsource it, apparently). They definitely did send out an email when it went for sale on their site - i know, i got it though it wasn't in my inbox. And both pre-orders were limited to one per customer, so the label have done what they could to prevent people scooping multiples. Sounds like you've been unlucky but i'm pretty sure there are a few unsold copies going from distro to shops still, so there may be a chance if you hunt. Given how they've managed some past releases though i'd say Col Wolfe is likely to be right but we'll have to wait and see.

(I very much doubt that the Jazzman people have time to answer all the emails though - and judging by comments here and elsewhere you know there are going to be loads.)
                        http://www.mixcloud.com/garethhayes/
                        http://www.mixcloud.com/BangShangALang/
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/197897397221/

Comment

I’m sure there will be a repress very soon. As there was with the Greg Foat and Chris McGregor albums which also sold out quickly. My advice is don’t feed the flippers.

Comment

Originally posted by BoogieWithTheHook View Post
                            As there was with the Greg Foat and Chris McGregor albums which also sold out quickly.
                            That Greg Foat repress was 4 years after the original issue. I don't understand why he's not more popular. 'The Honeybear' was only 500 copies but it's still widely available.
                            "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Ha, it was up on Juno just now, for about 3 minutes. Now out of stock.

Comment

I got the email from Juno, immediately clicked 'add to basket', and it said 'basket empty' as item not available until 14 Dec.

So I searched on Juno and found the item, and it still said unavailable until 14 Dec. I hit refresh. Refresh refresh refresh refresh. Wait. Refresh refresh refresh refresh. Nothing.

I did some work for five minutes then checked again. Sold out.

Get in the fucking sea.

Comment

Working...
                                X