Record breakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record breakers

I've been spending some time on Record Setters, which seems to be the 21st Century equivalent of Roy's beloved TV show (whose theme tune, previously here, is a remarkably collectable 7). Here are the record-related records:

I am sure I could break the last one. Other record-related feats or suggestions?
    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

So what kind of record is favored for the Farthest distance category?
    A US 70s Dynaflex press would surely just wobble about. Maybe one of these late 50s classical records that weigh a ton. Or a 180g press?
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

I'm not believing any of these records until they are verified by Norris McWhirter.

Roy Castle - Record Breakers
      The Downstairs Lounge
      http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
      http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

That fat bloke balancing Frank Sinatra on his chin is weirdly fascinating.

Pretty sure I hold a record for looking at Mac & Katie Kissoon 45s without ever buying any of them.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

still hope to find one of these one day

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

so that's where David Byrne got the idea from!

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

I'm sorry, Eine, but Record Setters seems to be a poor attempt to emulate Guinness.
              Records such as throwing a vinyl record while standing on a rolabola (?) are frivolous and do not further the cause of human excellence in any way.
              I was disappointed to discover that the Guinness record for paper hat wearing, which I not only participated in but helped adjudicate at a hotel full of holiday-making pensioners a few years ago, has now been shattered.
              Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Paper hat wearing. Shattered. Nice touch!

Comment

Originally posted by Funktionnaire View Post
                  Paper hat wearing. Shattered. Nice touch!
                  It was a heroic evening, involving a 20-minute hat-making seminar so the assembled OAPs knew exactly the high standards that were required.
                  Despite this, I had to disqualify at least a dozen people who arrived at the counting station with incorrectly folded hats that did not meet the strict structural criteria for inclusion in the Guinness Book of Records. Some of them were just walking up with a bit of creased newspaper balanced on their head in the vain hope that they would be part of history.
                  Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Sorry to take us back to lucre + vinyl, but how is it that the Roy Castle 45 is worth that?

Comment

I might try to establish a record at the weekend. I think I am simply going for the amount of 45s broken in a minute.

babycart, I am sure you posted a photo of the event here. I didn't realise it was a record breaking event. Could it be an annual fixture?
                      Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Sorry to take us back to lucre + vinyl, but how is it that the Roy Castle 45 is worth that?
                        I too have been pondering on that very matter!

Perhaps Senor Trunk will have the low down...

Comment

Must have some dope ill sick breakz or Brit Jazz sessioners on it
                          some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
                            Could it be an annual fixture?
                            Once was glorious enough, Eine.

I reckon the Roy Castle record was released before the programme became a regular fixture, so was probably limited? There also seems to be some trouble with composer credits, which aren't listed.

I'd like to see some VG+ Records, e.g: Most valuable record seen converted into clock; Biggest OOF! on Finds Thread (still Plainstone's Mariage Colectif promo lp for me), Most Scandalously Overpriced Charity Shop record, Most time spent in Backbeat, Edinburgh, Before Fleeing, etc

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I take back everything I said about Record Setters and rola bolas.

https://recordsetter.com/world-recor...ola-bola/32912

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X