Too fat for the Knosti?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too fat for the Knosti?

A question for any Knosti users: Ever found a record that is too thick for the Knosti? I had 2 in the batch of records I brought back from the UK. Can't remember which they were ...

I've mailed Knosti to ask their opinion so if I get an answer, I'll post it here ...

Turbo
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

I've had a Knosti for about ten years and that's never happened to me. If anything I think the brushes could be closer together, especially when it comes to singles. I usually squeeze the sides of the container together when I've got singles in; judicious use of a soft toothbrush as a third brush is also employed.
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

In that case, it could well be user error or a fault in my unit ... the former's far more likely ...

However it has also happened to a friend with a thick private press ...

The internet is very quiet on the matter which is worrying ...

Comment

Whenever I put a batch of records through the knosti, I'm aware of how thickness variation affects the rotation through the brushes. A nice fat LP comes along and then you worry subsequent records aren't being cleaned quite as well as they could be. And like Mr Khan I've squeezed for singles... but I can't recall ever having one so thick it refused to go in. Over the years I've picked up 3-4 units from different periods second-hand and noticed slight variation in the brushes but nothing alarming. I haven't seen a recently made one however. Is this problem with a new or recently manufactured model?
        Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Not sure about the knosti but I've realised with sadness that I'm definitely too fat for the gnocchi

Comment

Originally posted by Milesago View Post
            Whenever I put a batch of records through the knosti, I'm aware of how thickness variation affects the rotation through the brushes. A nice fat LP comes along and then you worry subsequent records aren't being cleaned quite as well as they could be. And like Mr Khan I've squeezed for singles... but I can't recall ever having one so thick it refused to go in. Over the years I've picked up 3-4 units from different periods second-hand and noticed slight variation in the brushes but nothing alarming. I haven't seen a recently made one however. Is this problem with a new or recently manufactured model?
            It's a '2nd Gen' one bought last year ... I'm in contact with Moonbase Knosti, who say they've never heard of this problem ... it's looking more and more like user error

Comment

Working...
            X