Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What else would I like? (One for the synth heads)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What else would I like? (One for the synth heads)

I can't get enough of synthy sounds at the moment so some recommendations would go down a treat.

I have some of the Ghost Box stuff which is great. Advisory Circle, Belbury Poly, The Pattern Forms, Pye Corner Audio, etc. all get regular plays.

Picked up all The Listening Center albums recently and love them too. Also Dalham which has a Boards of Canada feel to it.

Doesn't matter if it's old or new just interested in hearing something I might not have come across before.

Cheers.

karen novotny album on great pop supplement ... Check out the stuff on polytechnic youth label . The album sampler maybe
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

And the stuff on Clay Pipe too
      Rockwell
      Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

The polypores - timeholes album was good.
        Synthi a - ignition of the sun was great as well.
        Stranger things ost worth a go too

Comment

Stranger things ost led me to the 's u r v I v e stuff. Some brilliant music there

Comment

Latest com truise lp is decent to
            Make up and vanity set is brilliant

Comment

Get the John carpenter ost as well

Comment

Okay, so far Com Truise is a winner. Synthi A doesn't do much for me though, sorry, it just drifts on aimlessly and I get a bit bored with stuff like that.

In the spirit of sharing I came across this last night but it's cassette only so no good to me like that.

Comment

The - Polytechnic Youth label - https://www.discogs.com/label/721837-Polytechnic-Youth - is worth investigating - most releases sold out, but the comp is available... Also most artists have a bandcamp account with similar sounding music available...

"It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGfYWiR1ThI

'Il Mondo Dei Romani' By Piero Umiliani is quite far out. OG is expensive, but there's a pressing on We Release Whatever The Fuck We Want from last year on orange vinyl.

Comment

'Childhood' by Igor Savin might be a shout, I really like the b-side 'Florianna'. The LP was recorded as the soundtrack to an exhibition I think, need to dig out the comp I have it on for the liner notes

Comment

Working...
                      X